Sr. Supply Chain Specialist - Outsourced Manufacturing
Sr. Supply Chain Specialist - Outsourced Manufacturing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Sr. Supply Chain Specialist of Outsourced Manufacturing will play an important role within the Chemical Development and Manufacturing (CDM) organization to manage the continuity supply for Commercial API. They will also be responsible for coordination and management of supply chain logistics activities, focusing on communication and collaboration with other supply chain groups and CMOs, inventory analysis and exception management, as well as monitoring KPIs for continuous improvement activities. The Senior Supply Chain Specialist will have the opportunity to work with and learn from colleagues across Gilead (Supply Chain, Finance, QA, Analytical Operations) as well as multiple CMO organizations, freight forwarders, and third party warehouses.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Works on problems of a moderately complex scope regarding logistics/carrier management execution processes where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Manages operations and may manage tasks and performance of assigned group of staff in the Supply Chain department, in accordance with the budget.
- Responsible for implementing and improving logistics supply chain activities related to contract set ups, material control, inventory control, and shipping/receiving in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
- Prioritizes activities, plans daily tasks with the team, and executes on material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials while managing relationships with contracted CMO sites and stakeholders.
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems per business requirements, GXP, and GDP standards.
- Independently identifies and initiates the execution of supply chain logistics initiatives to achieve departmental targets.
- Analyzes systems and processes and impact on business performance. Develops tools needed to support division Center of Excellence Service Teams action.
- Acts as a relationship manager for cross-functional or external contacts. Involved in the earliest stage of partner relationships to help build solid foundations for collaboration.
- Manages relationships with contracted forwarders utilizing KPIs to demonstrate improvement in delivery, quality, and cost.
- May recommend and assist with the integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed, to reduce costs.
- May assist in the development of operational functional requirements and business process flow architecture of ERP functions and features, in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
- Provides supervision, training, and guidance to less experienced colleagues. May act as interim manager or lead within the team.
- Develops and maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities.
- Contributes to the development of complex new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Simplifies externally-facing documentation to the benefit of customers.
- Assists in the review and editing of SOPs.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or3+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS;
- Prior work experience in the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, or related medical or chemical manufacturing field
- Prior experience working with 3rd party logistics vendors/carrier management related to transportation of drug product, active product ingredients, or similar products governed by regulatory and international shipping regulations
- Prior work experience with GMP/GXP standards
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering
- Experience with the following systems/software: Kinaxis RapidResponse or other planning systems
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle EBS or with GxP systems or other pharmaceutical product management systems
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization software OBIEE or other business intelligence software
- 6 Sigma or Lean Belt Certified is preferred
- Prior management or supervisory experience is preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2538626&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Supply-Chain-Specialist---Outsourced-Manufacturing_R0022700
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency