About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Dr. Alexey Danilov's research is focused the mechanisms of lymphomagenesis and identification of novel therapeutic targets in B-cell lymphoma and other cancers. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow to investigate how interference with post-translational protein modification using novel targeted agents and molecular techniques modulates oncogenic pathways and contributes to carcinogenesis. Following our recent laboratory discoveries, we are also exploring the immunomodulatory effects of novel targeted agents and aim to harness their potential to enhance the efficacy of immunotherapy and novel cellular therapies. Based on laboratory findings, Dr. Danilov's group originates early-phase clinical trials, thus presenting an opportunity to verify the pre-clinical hypotheses in the clinical setting and conferring immediate relevance to pre-clinical investigations.
Candidates are expected to have experience in molecular biology and/or cancer immunology, however candidates with experience in biochemistry will also be considered. They should have demonstrated their capabilities and enthusiasm by peer-reviewed publications. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is capable and willing to make maximum use of excellent facilities and a productive environment. Experienced individuals able to assume a supervisory function are encouraged to apply. Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Ph.D. or M.D. required. Ph.D. degree in science or technology or MD preferred
- 1-2 years of related laboratory experience preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to design and execute experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a cogent and meaningful manner.
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications and publications.
- Highly motivated and self-directed applicants interested in translational research in cancer immunotherapy are strongly encouraged to apply. However, applicants with related training and experience will be given priority.
- For more information on Dr. Alexey Danilov's research please visit here .
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Jun 4, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job