Senior Director Market Access, HIV
Senior Director Market Access, HIV
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead\'s mission is to discover, develop and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of patients with life-threatening illnesses worldwide. The Senior Director, Market Access, HIV, provides strategic leadership to achieve net revenue, coverage, and market share goals for the Gilead HIV portfolio. This vital brand marketing role reports to the Executive Director, Franchise Treatment Marketing and is based in Foster City, CA and may require up to 25% domestic travel:
- Demonstrates strong cross-functional leadership to develop insights and strategies, and tactics related to provider access needs.
- Collaborate with brand leadership and cross-functional team members to generate the brand and therapeutic insights to inform access strategy.
- Provide payer-related context and insights such as market size and dynamics, product clinical profile, product differentiation, competitive environment, market share trends, and lifecycle plan.
- Lead the development of HIV promotional materials related to customer access as aligned to the HIV brand strategy
- Function as the brand liaison to the Patient Support Department as it provides information and support to patients to help navigate coverage and reimbursement once a treatment decision has been made.
- Plays a supportive role in the Patient Support Department\'s development of patient access-related materials in a legally compliant manner.
- Develop the brand coverage and contracting access objectives and strategies aligned to the overall brand strategy and execute a plan of action (POA) for HIV Treatment and Prevention portfolios in partnership with Managed Markets.
- Serve as the brand lead and thinks critically about the insights and strategic considerations related to reimbursement, distribution, and access to include: brand value story, coverage dashboards, access-related sales team messaging & promotional tools, pull through initiatives, payer-related performance metrics, contracting considerations, etc.
- Provide payer-related market analysis and insights for the brand planning process.
- Define and execute access awareness and coverage pull-through strategies and tactics targeted to Healthcare Professionals and patient audiences.
- Support pre-launch payer planning and US payer market context for potential HIV launches.
- Provide payer market analysis and insights for the launch planning process.
- Evaluate coverage, net revenues, and formulary access goals with payer needs.
- Partners with Managed Markets on all brand initiatives impacted by payer\'s coverage and formulary access issues, including advisory boards.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy, and other business partners.
- An in-depth understanding of managed care, specialty pharmacy, and/or coverage/reimbursement systems is necessary.
- Understanding the evolving market access landscape and the various market/distribution channels and pathways for brand choice is required.
- Experience knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Superior communication skills (written and oral) and experience presenting to Senior Management are required.
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking skills and strong leadership and influence skills
- The candidate should possess an analytical approach to business problem solving, strong project management and business planning skills, including an understanding of budgeting and financial management practices
- Should excel in a fast-paced, matrix environment
High School Degree and Eighteen Years\' Experience
Associates Degree and Sixteen Years\' Experience
Bachelor\'s Degree and Fourteen Years\' Experience
Masters\' Degree and Twelve Years\' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years\' Experience
- Bachelor\'s Degree; MBA/MS preferred
- 12+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or related industry experience required
- Minimum of 3 years previous Payer Marketing/Customer Facing Payer experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or a related industry
- Sales, Managed Care Account Management, Market Access, Pricing and/or related fields
- A breadth of experience across commercial functions (e.g., Sales/Sales Leadership, Operations, Marketing, etc.)
- HIV Therapeutic area specific experience
- Product launch and specialty market experience preferred
- Previous in-line brand marketing experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director-Market-Access--HIV_R0022717
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency