Therapeutic Specialist Antifungal - Sweden
Therapeutic Specialist Antifungal - Sweden
Sweden - Solna - Stockholm
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Therapeutic Specialist (m/f/d) Antifungal, Mid & Southern Sweden
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join Gilead Nordics as a Therapeutic Specialist (TS) for in Sweden, belonging to the antifungal Business Unit. This strategically important role will ensure that Swedish people developing fungal infections will benefit from Gilead's antifungal medicine. As a TS in Sweden, you will drive results in one of four key therapeutic areas and the second biggest brand in Gilead Nordics. With more than 85 employees, Gilead Nordics has its main office in Stockholm and is responsible for the company's products in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 13,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development.
Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, oncology, antifungal, viral disease as well as serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Our scientific focus has resulted in more than 25 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
As a Therapeutic Specialist for anti-fungal in Sweden, you will be responsible for sales for in Sweden, focusing mostly on the bigger University Hospitals located in the Mid and South regions of the country. You will work in close collaboration with our key customers, as well as internally with the Product Manager, Business Unit Director (BUD) and colleagues from functions such as Medical, Market Access and Commercial Operations. You will drive our cross-functional key account management (xKAM) process that sets goals and key activities for target accounts and selected KOLs. You will engage with our customers to differentiate the product utilizing the full range of communication channels (e.g. face-to-face meetings, video calls, and webinars), as well as to add value to them through appropriate co-creation projects with key clinics. You will report to the BUD Antifungal in Stockholm. Essential job functions and duties are summarized below.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Responsible for consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory/ country through account focus and prioritizing activity on key targets.
- Represents Gilead's medicines and services to a defined customer base across the assigned Swedish territory Anti-fungal is used in Infectious Disease-, Hematology- & ICU clinics).
- Utilizes a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of the drug to healthcare professionals.
- Appropriately utilizes various marketing materials (such as eDetailAid/campaign, value story, patient cases, scientific articles) to detail the product, and works together with Product Manager and others, where needed, to further develop and refine such materials.
- Initiates and implements key activities (e.g. regional meetings, lectures, webinars) with key accounts to drive brand differentiation. Work cross-functionally with Scientific meetings, education sessions and on appropriate co-creation projects with our focus accounts and selected KOL's.
- Prepares an xKAM (business) plan, assigns activity and communicates required actions to achieve goals. Prepares territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures to drive outcomes in business plan and is accountable jointly for spend.
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers or within accounts.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Product manager, BUD as well as colleagues from Medical, Market access, Commercial operations and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner, e.g. updating account plans, reviews ARC, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Complies with all regulatory agencies and company SOP's to required standard at all time.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ideally you will live within the greater Stockholm region or within 2 hours drive (rebro, Vsters (Mlardalen) or Uppsala)
- Must be self-motivated but also able to work successfully together with the broader cross-functional team.
- Take ownership of the product performance as well as aspects of joint accountability.
- Extensive pharmaceutical sales experience is essential - working knowledge from antifungal/ Infection disease/ hematology is a plus.
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required.
- Fluent in Swedish and high proficiency in English.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- The position requires a BA or BS degree and a solid, proven track record of highly successful selling experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Prior therapy experience working within Infection / Hematology is a need and also showing consistent achievement of sales and key account management.
- Driven and resilient - self-drive to identify and implement projects needed to achieve targets in an ambiguous environment.
- Capability to network and build appropriate relationships with key customers in a limited access environment through the right use of all relevant communication channels (digital and F2F).
- Strong team player - listens actively and responds constructively to needs of others (external customers as well as other Gilead functions).
- Gets the job done and exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues.
- Curious with learning agility and enthusiasm for identifying and implementing win-win collaboration projects with key customers.
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Customer centric approach and always with a patient in mind focus.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Inclusion (do not exclude anyone on race, color, sex or disability)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
The field-based role will require travelling within Sweden, and occasionally within the Nordics and to Europe. The role may be based out of the greater Stockholm area or nearby cities so that travel from Arlanda can be done with ease.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Sweden---Solna---Stockholm/Therapeutic-Specialist-Antifungal---Sweden_R0022434-3
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency