Instructional Designer (Quality Assurance)
Instructional Designer (Quality Assurance)
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Quality Assurance delivers on Gilead's commitment to bring life-changing therapies to patients through the robust QA processes and systems. Our approach is agile, innovative and collaborative and our teams are genuinely committed to the rapid delivery of safe life changing therapies.
As part of the broader Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) team you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining QA within PDM, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Assists in the dissemination of a comprehensive training program for GxP applications to ensure high quality products and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Organizes and conducts training and educational programs for personnel through formal classroom courses, one-on-one sessions, workshops, conferences and/or web-based training.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of training content, training curricula and metrics in compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Performs administration and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS) including creation and maintenance of training items, training offerings, training curricula and training assessments.
- Liaises with corporate/site partners to provide training support and ensure their departmental training needs are being met.
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to ensure that prepared training meets stated objectives and has appropriate content.
- Works with SMEs in developing On-the-Job Training and in managing the Training Effectiveness program.
- Designs e-learning courses based on site and industry needs.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge on scientific principles in order to deliver / design high quality training and effectively support the site.
- Coordinates planning, organization, and implementation of projects within specified objectives.
- Provides guidance and technical knowledge to more junior staff.
- Provides additional support and assistance on tasks and projects as directed by the manager.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance.
- Works directly with stakeholders to continuously improve training requirements and curriculum.
- Provides continuous internal customer support.
- Meets assigned deadlines.
- Designs and conducts site training program to meet compliance goals, meet development needs, and support operational excellence initiatives.
- Designs, develops, and delivers high quality and high impact learning products, programs, and services that provide functional, GMP and product knowledge for site staff to achieve a high level of performance in their jobs.
- Works on projects that are cross-functional in nature and that support the Product Operations, Quality and Compliance organizations.
- Serves as subject matter expert on best practices and state of the art training delivery methodologies, curriculum development, etc.
- Uses needs assessment tools to determine effectiveness of proposed training programs.
- Interacts with all site departments to develop specifications for content of courses.
- Prepares training session plans including the method, media, and documentation to be presented.
- Leads group training sessions. Conducts follow up to determine applicability of course material.
- Ensures translation of learning strategy into training deliverables in partnership with project managers, functional leaders, and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Management team to ensure optimal tracking of training and development records.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of trainings, implementing modifications, when necessary, and monitoring training compliance for staff.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrates understanding of training and instructional design for adult learners.
- Demonstrates understanding of e-learning tools for instructional delivery.
- Demonstrates presentation skills with the ability to conduct training sessions.
- Demonstrates functional and process knowledge to support the integrated design and development of training programs.
- Experience in setting up and managing e-learning modules.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills, planning skills, and ability to work effectively within teams.
- Collaborative with a customer service mindset.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a BS or BA degree OR 4+ years of relevant experience and a MS degree.
- Demonstrates ability to administer electronic Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Demonstrates proficiency of eLearning authoring applications (e.g., Captivate, Brainshark, Articulate, Vyond, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality assurance, aseptic and packaging processes and product transfer.
- Prior experience working in a GMP environment.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/QA-Trainer_R0022718
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency