Postdoctoral position in molecular modeling/computational biophysics
A postdoctoral position is available in the chemistry department at Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA, USA. The position will focus on building structural models of protein complexes involved in gene expression and investigating their dynamics by large-scale molecular dynamics simulations. The project involves application of advanced modeling techniques to incorporate experimental data, specifically from cryo-electron microscopy, into models of biological assemblies. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art molecular modeling methods and collaborate with leading experimental groups. Significant supercomputing resources will be made available to carry out the project. For an additional perspective on this research, candidates are encouraged to visit our group website (https://ivanov-group.org). The position is supported by federal funding from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation.
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, computational biology or a related discipline
- A strong background (and publication record) in molecular modeling, structural bioinformatics and data analysis
- Coding and scripting experience (e.g. Python or C/C++)
- Familiarity with molecular modeling and visualization packages (e.g. NAMD, AMBER, Rosetta, PyEmma, UCSF Chimera), good analytical and communication skills
- Experience with integrative/hybrid modeling methods or model building from co-evolutionary residue restraints
To be considered, please send a cover letter with a summary of research experience and a CV with a full list of publications together with names and contact details of three references to Prof. Ivaylo Ivanov (firstname.lastname@example.org). After initial screening of applications, letters of reference will be requested on behalf of competitive candidates.
Initial appointment is for one year, renewable upon mutual agreement. Georgia State University is located in Atlanta - a multicultural city and one of the major metropolitan areas in the USA.
Prof. Ivaylo Ivanov
Department of Chemistry, Georgia State University
Apply for Postdoctoral Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly