Director, CMC Regulatory Sciences
Director, CMC Regulatory Sciences
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Director of CMC Regulatory Sciences (CMC RS) works closely with other PDM functional groups to plan and author high quality regulatory submissions to health authorities. This role manages regulatory submissions that meet aggressive timelines, with content that is consistent across development programs, and established on a sound, scientific basis. The Director develops regulatory submission strategies to manage a product through its life cycle and sunset.
- Author and review technically complex analytical related sections of clinical, marketing authorization applications, post-approval variations, renewals and responses to agency questions, for submissions in local and international markets.
- Work cross functionally to plan and produce high quality regulatory submissions while meeting aggressive timelines
- Ensure regulatory submissions are in line with ICH guidance, local statutory requirements, scientific principles, and business policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistency is maintained in regulatory submissions across development and commercial projects, and that sound scientific justification is employed in CMC regulatory strategy.
- Support and manage analytical CMC related activities for drug substance and products based on scientific knowledge, control strategies, regulatory and quality compliance.
- Apply up to date knowledge of regulatory and quality compliance requirements, and communicate changes in regulatory information to project teams and management.
- Initiate and contribute to process improvements, which have a significant impact on the overall efficiency of the regulatory submission process.
- Focus on organizational excellence, coach and develop staff with skills in operational, technical, and regulatory leadership to make good, timely decisions and achieve impactful outcomes.
- Represent CMC RS in multiple late-stage development, commercial project teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, including ICH requirements and regional requirements and have an in-depth understanding of current global and regional trends in technical regulatory affairs.
- People management skills with experience to coach, guide, and develop a high performance team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS, or Ph D with Chemistry or related field, with 12+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in authoring a variety of CMC components of clinical, marketing or post-approval variation submissions, and response to agency questions.
- Strong business acumen and experience with CMC requirements for drug development of new molecular entities, with experience in regulatory submissions for clinical or marketing authorization applications for biologics is desirable.
- Ability to develop and implement regulatory submission strategy. Well versed in analytical control strategies for drug substance and drug product.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams in the preparation of complex submissions
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--CMC-Regulatory-Sciences_R0022641-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency