Lead Scientist - Immunotherapy Platform for Antibody and CAR Therapeutics discovery (IMPACT) Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking an experienced PhD scientist to lead IMPACT, a new pre-clinical group with the mission to speed “discovery to translation” of antibody-based therapies for immunotherapy of cancer. The IMPACT team will work closely with DFCI PIs and outside antibody discovery groups to develop and carry out streamlined ‘hit-to-lead’ functional screening and protein engineering approaches for potential therapeutic antibodies/nanobodies/bispecifics and CAR T cell immunotherapies. The candidate should be an exceptionally motivated individual with substantial past lab and management experience in the area of antibody screening and/or protein engineering.
The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allied in the common mission of conquering cancer. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to all patients; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Develop DFCI’s translational antibody/cell therapy ‘hit-to-lead’ screening platform, working in closely with DFCI PIs and industry antibody discovery partners.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to IMPACT team at Dana-Farber.
- Lead the design and execution of experiments to screen antibodies and CARs to identify leads for clinical translation.
- Development, modification and improvement of standard operating procedures.
- Implement best practices for operation and maintenance of platform.
- Enthusiasm for developing novel approaches to library screening and/or automation.
- Develop work plans, manage budgets and timelines, prepare reports.
Manage IMPACT’s technical staff and create a positive, supportive work environment.
- PhD with substantial experience in antibody discovery, screening, and/or protein engineering. Industry research experience a plus.
- Strong leadership/management/mentorship skills including previous supervisory experience.
- Exceptionally self-motivated.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to work with a wide variety of DFCI faculty, staff, and industry collaborators.
- Outstanding planning, organizational, multi-tasking skills.
- Must consider attention to detail a strength.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
Only applicants that submit a cover letter, detailed CV and contact info for three references will be considered.
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/_leadscientist_
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.