Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in South San Francisco:
Senior Research Associate – iPSC Cell Therapy, Analytical Development
Genentech is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and technically talented individual to support the iPSC cell therapy analytical development, aiming to develop various analytical methods to support in-process control, release, and characterization of iPSC cell therapy products. The successful candidates have a background in iPSC biology (iPSC differentiation and iPSC-derived immune cells (e.g., T cells, NK cells) characterization), molecular biology, or related field.
• The responsibility in this role is majorly focused on lab work developing assays, designing experiments/troubleshooting.
• Functional characterization of iPSC-derived lymphocytes, T cells, and NK cells using multiple assays such as proliferation, cytotoxicity, cytokine release, and flow assays.
• Technical experience in immunology and oncology research with preferred experience in T/NK cell biology, including functional assays
• Application of extensive knowledge of immune cell biology including activation pathways, signaling pathways, and antigen-specific differentiation
• Design and execute experiments to characterize iPSC differentiation to therapeutic immune cells including T cells, NK cells, and other immune cell types
• Extensive phenotypic characterization of lymphoid cells using multicolor flow cytometry, NGS, and other states of the art methods
• Coordinating experiments with other scientists across functional groups, compile data and present results, and stay current on relevant primary literature
• Effectively manage multiple projects while adhering to aggressive timelines
• Timely documentation (Electronic lab notebook) and updates
• Write reports, SOPs, and test procedures
The right candidate will be an experienced researcher with a track record of scientific accomplishments.
• M.S. with 3-5 years of experience or a B.S./B.A. with 5-10 years of experience in either iPSC biology, immunology, or related field is required.
• Extensive experience with human iPSC cell culture, maintenance, characterization, and differentiation, primary T/NK cells, and other immune cells is required.
• Extensive experience working with gene-edited iPSCs, Screening, and their functional validation before and after differentiation is required.
• Lymphocyte characterization and their functional validation using cell-based assays (e.g., flow, image-based, cytokine) and other states of the art technologies are required.
• Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry is required
• RNA-sequencing and ATAC-seq desirable
• Familiarity with gene editing and delivery approaches (viral vectors, transposons/recombinases, homologous recombination) is desirable.
• Must have strong record-keeping, time management, and data analysis skills
• Self-motivated and focused with project management-oriented thinking; able to work on multiple projects in a matrix environment
• Strong communication skills for working with cross-functional teams as well for cross-departmental colleagues
• High scientific integrity, committed to ethics and scientific rigor, create a collaborative and creative cultureb
Who We Are
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page. If you are in need of an accommodation due to a disability to assist with submitting your application or at any point during the hiring process, please email US.email@example.com.