Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Biostatistician/Associate Research Professor
City of Hope is recruiting an experienced Biostatistician for a non - tenure track faculty appointment to support clinical trials and pre - clinical research in the areas of Medical Oncology and Immunotherapy. Each appointment will be in the Research Professor series, at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience. Key Responsibilities include:
The successful applicant will contribute to the research agenda through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
The incumbent may also perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Contributing to the science through collaborative and independent research including co - authoring papers and protocols
- Developing, evaluating and making publicly available computer code following principles of reproducible research
- Development of novel statistical methodologies
- Delivering talks on the results of the research
- Maintaining current knowledge of and contributing to advancements in the field through participation in professional organizations, scientific conferences, reading industry journals, and publication of manuscripts.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- PhD in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field.
- Experience in designing and analyzing clinical trials, including co - authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer - reviewed publications; a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Ability to support broad pre - clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self - directed and collaborative research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple collaborations.
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology.
- Experience analyzing biomarker data.
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers.
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
Applicants should submit a cover letter and current CV to:
Joycelynne M. Palmer, PhD
Director, Division of Biostatistics
Department of Computational and Quantitative Medicine
*Those seeking a remote opportunity are welcome to apply.
**To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 27, 2021
- Job Field: Clinical Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job