Senior Business Unit Director Liver Disease
Senior Business Unit Director Liver Disease
Italy - Milan
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Liver Disease BUD role has accountability for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities across the Liver portfolio. The BUD Liver Disease manages a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and leads the cross-functional team to drive the Liver Disease business forward.
The Liver Disease BUD reports to the GM Italy, is a member of the Italian leadership team, and a key leadership position for the affiliate.
- Lead the HCV, HDV and SARS-COV-2 Disease cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, support and coaching to drive the business and achieve our commercial objectives
- Drive development and execution of commercial strategy and action plans for Liver portfolio
- Lead & ensure well-functioning marketing & sales team
- Drive Operational Excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Cooperates with Commercial Operations in the definition and implementation of Gilead Digital and Multi-Channel Strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain the required infrastructure to meet business goals
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognised as partner in improving quality of Liver Disease care
- Co-Leads with the Medical Lead the Liver Integrated Brand Team, partnering with Medical Affairs, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and Market Access to ensure effective development and implementation of cross functional strategies
- Create an environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their tenure or standing within the organization
- Participate actively in the Italian LT and contribute to high performance team to drive business forward in Italy
- Represent the leadership team of Gilead Italy internally and externally
- Role model Leadership Essentials and support strong Gilead culture and Core Values
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- MBA or Advanced science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD, business administration) preferred
- Relevant knowledge of the Italian pharmaceutical market and experience with the Italian reimbursement system (or demonstrated ability to gain and develop knowledge rapidly).
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience to include expertise in marketing & sales strategy and operations
- Field sales management or other field-based management experience essential
- Demonstrated track record of marketing success, as demonstrated by successful product launches and/or sustained commercial growth; knowledge and experience in the relevant specialty care markets are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans
- Experience with pharmaceutical regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Proven planning skills, routinely anticipates and plans for alternative/unlikely scenarios
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Extensive understanding and network of key healthcare stakeholders
- Ability to lead, work in and contribute to high performance cross functional teams
- Good communication and presentation skills and experience
- Consistently engages and motivates others to create energy and enthusiasm and commitment to an inspiring vision
- A leader and motivator that the team willingly wants to follow.
- Coaches and develops direct reports and cross-functional teams to sustained growth and success.
- Excellent and demonstrable command of written and spoken Italian and English and proficiency at communicating verbally and in written form.
- International Experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in context of above country project teams is desirable
- Previous experience in hepatitis therapeutic area would be a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Italy---Milan/Senior-Business-Unit-Director-Liver-Disease_R0022611-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency