Associate Director, R&D Development Project Management
Associate Director, R&D Development Project Management
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Associate Director, Project Management is responsible for managing projects and initiatives to support Development functional areas. These are process improvement projects supporting Biometrics, Clinical Operations, Clinical Research, and other functions.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Plan and manage complex projects and initiatives across Development, including strategic initiatives, cross-functional projects and department projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business process owners, and subject matter experts to initiate projects, define project deliverables and create timelines
- Identify project team and resources; schedule project team and other meetings
- Proactively drive project communications and timely resolution of issues
- Ensure progress on project activities between project meetings
- Monitor the health of the project and manage project dependencies
- Track and regularly report on project status
- Translate business needs into projects and initiatives; define and communicate business and financial benefits of projects and initiatives
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes
- Represents the Project Team to the Functional Area Leadership and/or Program Steering Committees for major strategic decisions
- Ensure the coordination of project management roles and responsibilities across projects requiring multiple PMs (IT, Business, Vendor PMs)
- Contribute to the Development PMO in defining and implementing best practices in project and portfolio management
- Manage the governance and tracking of functional area project portfolio in accordance with Development PMO guidelines
- Develop and lead a functional group of project managers, may include employees and contingent workers
- Define goals; assign tasks and provide direction to the group to achieve the goals
- Coach, develop and grow the team members
- Participate in Performance Management and Talent Acquisition processes
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline or 8+ years of relevant experience with an advanced degree
- A scientific background with broad experience in Drug Development is strongly preferred.
- Line management supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience to complete large, complex, multi-year projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects with tight timelines, at the same time
- Demonstrated facilitation skills to work with project leaders and project teams to make decisions and resolve issues
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills required
- Hands-on experience in managing cross-functional process improvement projects
- Vendor management experience is preferred
- Experience with negotiating contracts and estimating project/program budgets preferred
- Must be a quality driven individual with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of functional areas involved in drug development preferred (e.g., Biometrics, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, etc.)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--R-D-Development-Project-Management_R0022553-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency