Associate Director, Medical Affairs Operations, Training Lead
Associate Director, Medical Affairs Operations, Training Lead
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Medical Affairs Operations - Training Lead
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs Operations leads the new global training team educating users on new or improved processes & technologies leveraged by Medical Affairs Operations (MAO). The Training Lead will be responsible for leading the Medical Affairs technology learning path and developing training programs across our global organization resulting in better business outcomes through use of fit for purpose technology.
This highly visible position will work on expanding use of our systems, providing suggestions on ways to increase adherence and measuring ROI for technical trainings and training impact. Being part of the MAO Operations team, the lead will work closely with his/her peers in testing and support to ensure the training efforts address the all critical items. that increases overall customer satisfaction
A key responsibility of this role is understanding various processes and technologies within Medical Affairs and translate those for employees into easy to understand trainings. This lead coordinates closely with Medical Affairs L&D, other learning leads at Gilead and IT to develop or deliver training plans.
Routine responsibilities may include working either independently or with dedicated staff in:
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of cross-functional trainers to execute system training programs and projects
- Responsible for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating technology and processes training programs based on learning principals that that elevate expertise and build capabilities within Medical Affairs
- Works with the junior training personnel in identifying and assessing the training needs within the business
- Maximizes the effectiveness of the training initiatives launched in the business by staying up to date with current training practices, training methods, learning tools, and learning deployment devices and technologies
- Establishes metrics that measure the performance and success of ongoing training programs to identify points of improvement and develops solutions that improve the effectiveness of training programs
- Partnering w/ heads of Project Delivery, Project & Communications and Data & Analytics to plan projects and ensure new processes and technologies are supported via robust training plans
- Develop and track key performance metrics including training ROI, process and technology adherence
- Partner with subject matter experts and departments to identify training opportunities, strive to continuously improve training solutions and identify new ways of learning that cater individual and group needs
- Make strategic recommendations for new training tools to Process & Technology Solutions lead
- Act as a change agent, monitoring process and technology adoption and advocating for adherence
- Managing multiple projects, validating tasks are on target, resolving impediments to progress, and escalating risks and issues appropriately
- Oversee a training team budget and advocating for additional budget based on demonstrated value
- Assigning work and delegate tasks by assessing the current need against available skill sets and solicit and track progress updates from key team members
- May participate with Solutions Services group in testing new solutions
- Experience with the latest enablement trends and/or learning management systems (LMS), knowledge and experience in performance consultation, adult learning principles, instructional design, and working with training partners
- Ability to form strong relationships with others and customer service-oriented skills
- Charismatic, energetic and passionate about training and education
- Experienced leader of a global team; must have experience in supporting team's career development.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills and the ability to manage projects, problem solve and communicate effectively with co-workers
- Excellent written, verbal, and training skills
- Ability to learn information at a rapid pace
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Excellent coaching and development skills with a willingness to develop others
- It is strongly encouraged that this role have an understanding and experience with cell therapy or viral diseases
- Demonstrated excellence in developing/growing a functional area
- High level of learning agility, discernment, and customer engagement skills
- Must be able to travel 10% - domestic and international
Specific Education and Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a BS/BA and 10 years, MS/MA and 8 years or 12 years of relevant progress experience working in training development for the pharma, biotech, or biopharma industry
- 5 years of managerial experience directly leading people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment is ideal
- Extensive business process and system training experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2521090&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Medical-Affairs-Operations--Training-Lead_R0022597-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency