Executive Regional Director, Oncology Sales - West
Executive Regional Director, Oncology Sales - West
United States - California - Los AngelesUnited States - Texas - DallasUnited States - Illinois - ChicagoUnited States - California - San FranciscoUnited States - Washington - SeattleUnited States - Texas - Houston
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Executive Regional Director, Oncology Sales, is responsible for leading sales for a defined customer base, supporting and growing a sales team focused on consistently achieving or exceeding regional sales targets. The ideal candidate will have a record of accomplishment and inspirational leadership as well as the ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving product & competitive environment. Beyond this, they will possess the strong communications, coaching, and analytical skills necessary to position Gilead as a leader in the oncology field.
This unique opportunity supports the West. The region consists of the states between California and Illinois.
- Partners with the Oncology Business Unit leadership to build an expanded, top-tier national Oncology Sales Force, including the hiring of both exceptionally talented Regional Sales Directors and Senior Therapeutic Specialists.
- Proven in all aspects of selling, i.e., technical knowledge, sales techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of the medical field and biopharmaceutical industry
- Analyze, understand, and present scientific/technical details by bringing to bear a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to partner strategically and work collaboratively with cross-functional partners across many distinct functions to ensure product and organizational growth. E.g., Marketing, Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Commercial Operations, Human Resources, Legal, and outside vendors.
- Leads product and disease state discussions during internal and external-facing meetings.
- Proactively shares knowledge of a new product or disease state developments, including new considerations of the clinical rationale for the use of Gilead and competitive brands
- Ensure that the sales team is well-versed in product knowledge, coaches on sales skills, market conditions, and guides the team to develop Brand Plan strategy & tactics for institutional account management and HCP sales,
- Monitors and assesses competitive sales activity in the market and provides resulting strategic recommendations to Sr Leadership.
- Partners with Vice President of Sales and Marketing and the analytics team to develop, implement, and manage the individual sales IC goals for each region and territory
- Demonstrates a commitment to Gilead's ongoing Inclusion & Diversity efforts.
- Ensures all department personnel is fully informed of, and in compliance with Gilead commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration's implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General's Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years' Experience
- Ability to engage in travel as may be reasonably required, including regular travel within the assigned area (and, to the extent applicable, satisfaction of any requirements associated with such travel).
- Satisfaction of any onsite visitation requirements of healthcare practitioners within assigned area, if applicable (which may include but not be limited to, by way of example, vaccinations, drug and background screenings, and any other requirements that may be adopted by certain healthcare practitioners).
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver's license in the state the position resides in is required
- Fourteen years of validated commercial leadership experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry (preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals) - including five years of pharmaceutical sales Executive Management Experience. Extensive launch experience building a sales team, organizing, driving, and inspiring success.
- Prior oncology expansion experience preferred
- Ability to leverage novel technologies and platforms to access customers and drive business
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, preferably in life sciences, business administration, or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2521083&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Los-Angeles/Executive-Regional-Director--Oncology-Sales---West_R0022500-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency