Research Fellow - Enteric Neurosciences Program
The Research shield at Mayo Clinic is committed to creating a diverse environment and recognizes that diverse research teams make better decisions, are more equipped to solve complex problems and adapt to change, and produce better outcomes. That diversity is about opening up to unconventional ideas that create better outcomes, while recognizing colleagues' unique contributions. Become part of the legacy that embraces these differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The Enteric Neurosciences Program at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN is seeking an enthusiastic post-doctoral fellow to join our highly collaborative and translational research team.
* The Enteric Neurosciences program looks at pathophysiological mechanisms of gastrointestinal motility disorders.
* The laboratory is at forefront of research in neurogastrointestinal disorders like irritable bowel syndrome and gastroparesis.
* The lab has robust animal models for understanding GI dysmotility.
* We use a combination of techniques in physiology, imaging, molecular and cellular biology and animal models.
* The specific project involves understanding epigenetics and monocyte-driven immunobiology of gastric dysfunction induced by Diabetes.
* The successful candidate would have a PhD in physiology, immunology, neuroscience, molecular biology or a related field.
* This position is not for clinical or MD candidates.
* Although we welcome candidates at various stages of their career, we especially encourage candidates who are/will be freshly graduating to reach out to learn about the laboratory.
* If you have experience in CITE-Seq, single-cell/nuclear and spatial transcriptomics, we would be even more eager to chat.
* Please e-mail email@example.com or DM at @mgrover_gi with your questions or interest.
A Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic is a temporary position intended to provide training and education in research. Individuals will train in the research program of a Mayo Clinic principal investigator. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the potential for research as evidenced by their training and peer-reviewed publications and should become competitive for national research grants. Proof of English proficiency is required for J-1 Short-Term Scholars, Research Scholars, Professors, Specialists, and Student Interns sponsored by Mayo Clinic.
The following is required for completeness of application:
* Current curriculum vitae with bibliography
* Proof of doctoral degree (copy of diploma or final transcript with English translation, if applicable) or a letter from your university's Registrar office indicating you have fulfilled all doctoral program requirements and are eligible to graduate.
Please also be prepared that you may be asked to provide three letters of recommendation to the hiring PI prior to an interview. Must have a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent doctoral degree in a field deemed relevant by the program. Research Fellow is appropriate for individuals who have completed no more than one prior postdoctoral fellowship, at Mayo Clinic or elsewhere.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.