Research Administration & Programs Manager
Research Administrative & Programs Manager
Inuvik, NT – Full-Time
Are you interested in joining a diverse team who are leading innovative research in the Western Arctic? Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Research Administration & Programs Manager in Inuvik, NT. Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Innovation, Science and Climate Change, the Research Administration & Programs Manager will be responsible for supervising policy related research, programming, outreach, and monitoring activities focused on clean energy, marine, environment, and climate change issues in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR). The Research Administration & Programs Manager will plan initiatives, secure funding, manage and evaluate environmental policy related projects to ensure results are applied to operational decision making, planning, programs management and mitigation measures to improve the well-being of Inuvialuit. This position will guide the IRC policy and research program on impacts resulting from climate and environmental change throughout the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR).
This position is also responsible for supervising the environmental policy & research administration staff, successfully acquiring funds to maintain/grow the unit, implementing research policy, executing IRCs strategic plan, mobilizing knowledge, supporting the development of internal research policies, implementing ethics procedures, overseeing research licensing, and fostering the next generation of Inuvialuit researchers. All research should advance awareness and understanding of priority issues requiring deeper insight and understanding for enhanced policy decisions.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge:
- Master’s degree in environmental or related field.
- PhD degree in a related field preferred
- At least 5 years of project management experience (PMI designation preferred).
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial management, planning, forecasting and reporting;
- At least 2 years of direct supervisory experience;
- At least 2 years of experience producing policy documents, action plans and other reports with a focus on non-technical audiences;
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and organizations
- Working knowledge of the Inuvialuit Settlement Region;
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers (e.g., Microsoft Suite, InDesign etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong networking skills;
- Highly motivated, analytical, dependable, independent with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Reliable and willing to work with minimum supervision;
- Must be willing to travel, particularly within the Inuvialuit Settlement Region. Adverse weather conditions may be encountered at different times during the year.
Apply for Research Administration & Programs Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly