Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine seeks a qualified candidates to fill two faculty positions at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. These are non-tenure track positions, and the majority of time of one position will be spent on teaching Graduate level courses on organ system Physiology, and advising and mentoring Graduate students. The second position will also advise students and develop relationships with colleges and universities to maintain our current diversity mix within our highly successful MSMP program
Responsibilities and Duties:
1) The candidate will be expected to have the aptitude to develop and teach courses in Physiology, including but not limited to, foundational and organ systems-based courses.
2) The candidate will be expected be proficient in delivering instructional content by various methods, including, large classroom didactic lectures, small group discussions, distance learning courses, medical case-based learning, problem-based learning, and other interactive approaches.
3) Participate in the writing of exam questions.
4) Direct the day-to-day activity of student Teaching Assistants.
5) Act as a faculty advisor to Graduate students.
6) Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1) Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Physiology, Pharmacology, or related disciplines.
2) Candidates with minimal or no experience teaching medical students will be considered for the rank of instructor. Applicants with an established history of teaching medical students and other graduate teaching at an academic institution will be considered for a positon as an assistant professor or associate professor. Rank commensurate with experience.
3) Good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills.
4) Evidence that they have the ability to engage, mentor, and work with diverse populations of students.
5) Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Review of Applicants will begin after November 15, 2021. Interested parties should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation to: email@example.com. Applicants are also asked to submit a statement explaining how their research, teaching, and/or service have contributed to diversity, equity and inclusion within their scholarly field(s) and/or how their individual and/or collaborative efforts have promoted structural justice inside and outside institutions of higher learning. This statement should also reflect on the ways in which the candidate’s continued efforts will foster a culture of diversity, pluralism, and individual difference at Case Western Reserve University into the future.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity and advancing an inclusive community in which everyone is welcome, respected, valued and heard. Along with colleagues across the university, our faculty, staff and students are engaged in continued and meaningful dialogue about issues of systemic racism, and we are determined to implement direct measures to end discriminatory practices on our campus and enhance our contributions to the communities around us. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
As our society grapples with the history, legacy and persistence of entrenched racism and its impact on communities of color, we reaffirm our mission to expand opportunities for underrepresented groups; provide a multifaceted education for our students; foster a culture of diversity, pluralism and recognition of individual difference; and realize our ideals within the university and in the larger world.
Apply for Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly