Senior Director, Supply Chain MDM, Analytics & Insights
Senior Director, Supply Chain MDM, Analytics & Insights
United States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving
therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. As part of our rapidly growing science-driven organization, colleagues at Gilead are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing urgently needed medicines to patients in the areas of HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases and cardiovascular conditions. We are proud to have some of the most talented colleagues from across the research, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology & business sectors, working together and supporting each other to help make a real difference to the lives of patients.
Senior Director, Supply Chain Master Data Management, Analytics and Insights
Reporting to the Executive Director, Supply Chain Systems and Processes this role provides leadership to a function with responsibility to drive innovation through data and analytics across the value-stream for enterprise impact. This position will develop both long and mid-term data strategies aligned with business priorities while ensuring that the organizational structures and skills are in place to enable and support these strategies.
- Develops an enterprise-wide data and governance strategy, roadmap, policies, procedures and an operational framework to meet organizational and regulatory priorities
- Accountable for cross-functional collaboration with Commercial, Finance, Clinical and PDM functions including Regulatory Affairs, Laboratory Information Systems, QA. Ensure roadmap and activities align to Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) vision and strategy.
- Use data a key lever to align value chain processes and performance around a common and reliable dataset, enabling agile and robust supply chains and uninterrupted supply.
- Lead the function for high performance. Develop clear responsibilities and a development path for each role.
- Acts as Master Data Lead for the Plan to Deliver workstream on Gilead's program to implement SAP s/4 Hana.
- Builds organization-wide data analytics capabilities through brokering access to data sources and providing upskilling opportunities; directly supports the cross-functional Business Process Management approach with information for insights, analytics and performance management.
- Ensures continuous development and optimization of data governance practices for consistent, secure and synchronized data availability throughout our business functions in accordance with all enterprise and regulatory policies
- Works to decrease the costs of collecting, managing, and sharing data while increasing the value of data
- Documents, maintains and communicates the technology landscape of transactional systems, data management and master data layer, to analytics and consuming applications
- Provide decision support and insights for complex strategy decisions such as network & capacity utilization, customer segmentation analysis, cost-to-serve.
- Develop analytics and scenario modelling capabilities including dimensions such as time, cost, revenue and environmental impact.
- Support business functions with standardized documentation for cross-functional processes; develop training and learning content and key indicators of process health.
- Right size department resourcing while making effective use of external business partners; ensure clear deliverables for contractors; prepare budgets and model required resourcing.
- Lead the development of business cases for technology changes; ensure routine confirmation of value attainment.
- Drive innovation and change through awareness of industry trends that relate back to Gilead use cases; incubate and test value propositions through rapid proof of concepts.
- Primary degree in Business, Science or Engineering discipline with a focus on Operational Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science or related fields. Master's degree and/or professional qualifications in supply chain management desired.
- 12+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience with no less than 5 years of that experience focused on management and leadership roles in supply chain functions.
- Fluent with SAP S4/HANA or other ERP systems and knowledge of system architecture
- Experience leading Master Data / Data Management teams while building the team, processes, procedures, and analytics in-line with industry best practices
- Deep supply chain knowledge, enterprise thinking, adept at positioning business problems in the end-to-end context and mobilizing a cross-functional response.
- Experience managing relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Demonstrates a collaborative mindset, nurtures teamwork and influences cross-functionally.
- Proven ability to form and lead high performing teams dispersed across time-zones.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States--Remote/Senior-Director--Supply-Chain-MDM--Analytics---Insights_R0022487-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency