Paralegal Intellectual Property
Paralegal Intellectual Property
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
About the Role Gilead Sciences is looking for a Paralegal - Intellectual Property to work in a team environment within the IP group.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and/or review of research, documents, contracts, applications, materials and information in support of attorneys and cross-functional clients.
- Identifies and analyzes problems or issues which may arise within their defined area of expertise and recommends sound and well thought out corrective action.
- Reviews incoming and outgoing electronic and hard copy communications, determining deadlines.
- Reviews of renewal deadlines, determining and confirming renewal deadlines.
- Responsible for incoming and external transfers.
- Prepares standard docket reports as requested by internal clients.
- Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies & procedures.
- Intellectual Property Recognizes potential docketing and filing issues for the USPTO and PCT, to identify the relevant rules, and to bring them to an IP attorney for resolution.
- Provides ongoing outreach to internal clients with respect to business process improvement opportunities.
- 4+ years of prior industry or law firm experience as a Docket Clerk strongly preferred
- BA or BS degree
- Proficient with both patent (domestic and international).
- Must have good attention to detail and competency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel and Docketing software.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Prior industry or law firm experience as a paralegal preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and telephone communication skills are required.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a large workload that has multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Ability to prioritize daily issues, tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform in a high paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Must demonstrate good skills, depth and knowledge depending on area(s) of responsibility.
- Must be able to independently identify issues related to legal and/or business risks associated with an area of expertise.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities and duties under minimal supervision.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Paralegal---Intellectual-Property_R0022489
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency