Sr. Manager, Data Scientist
Sr. Manager, Data Scientist
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Manager, Data Scientist
- Apply data sciences techniques to build knowledge management, predictive analytics, technical process analysis for manufacturing, process development optimization use cases, and identify trends in scientific and operational datasets.
- Work with senior management to develop a comprehensive data sciences strategy and framework that builds out a core PDM data sciences capability and knowledge management platform. Partner with Enterprise IT to establish a sustainable data governance process with defined and roles and responsibilities. Examples include identifying and capturing data sets needed to solve complex issues and questions, data cataloguing, storage, compute, processing, analysis, search, use of business intelligence tools and visualizations for reporting, dashboards, and self-service.
- Build and execute on an approach to mature the data sciences capability including assessments, process, value targeting and proposition, business case, technology solutions and proof of value. Use oral and written communication skills to summarize, present results, and influence direction
- Anticipate data needs from sources by iterating to find and fill gaps through collaboration with data providers and data consumers.
- Establish key performance indicators and metrics that measure the effectiveness, value and success of delivered solutions. This includes quality of deliverables, quality of service, effective of change management, measure of adoption and captured efficiencies.
- May manage a team of data scientist(s) and analyst(s) to ensure the full requirements of their role.
- Actively engage, partner with, and form alliances both internal and external between business, IT, and vendor stakeholders to cultivate a network of data partners and to identify pressing data analysis questions and develop data structures as well as visualizations tailored to PDM interests, business processes and needs
- Create and align on data sciences methodology and technologies through frequent communications and change management
- Be able to develop analytical methods to apply to business problems involving large quantities of data, choosing the right algorithms, appropriate optimization techniques, and models
- Develop security and access models so that data is controlled but meets a broad range of needs and provides agility and velocity. This include balancing autonomy with access controls, and segregation of environments
- Support building a data-driven culture and data-driven organization, conducive to data-driven decision making, quantitative analysis, identifying appropriate talent, and creating an environment conducive to effective data sciences and allowing for data-driven experiments
- Stay current with modern and emerging big data, cloud, analytics, and visualization technologies as well as practical approaches to utilize such tools. Examples include big data in the cloud, data streaming and real-time analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, interactive visualization, and batch processing techniques
- Manages specific projects under direction from Senior Management.
- Works as a program lead or product manager.
- Contributes to the development of systems strategy.
- Acts as technical spokesperson to the business on area of expertise.
- May contributes to setting and achieving budget. Manages the team to ensure they meet the full requirements of their role.
- Conducts professional appraisals for team members and effectively manages performance.
- Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and schedules
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate organizational units. Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to organizational policies.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of how to analyze and manage large data sets as well as strategies for visualizing and communicating results to solve business needs and make strategic decisions.
- Strong foundation in statistical analysis, programming, data mining, database management, data security, data visualization, and applied data science.
- Knowledge of querying, programming languages and platforms such as R, Python, JAVA, C++, Python, .NET, and SQL.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience OR and Master's Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience OR a PhD with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Strong abilities to manage, develop and improve people, processes, operations and technology. Drive for excellence, develop team and manage for success. Provide solutions to highly complex problems and apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
- A degree focused in Science, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Data-Scientist_R0022393-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency