QA Administrative Coordinator
QA Administrative Coordinator
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
In addition to Senior Administrative Assistant responsibilities, prioritizes workload involving multiple large projects/timelines. Such projects may include coordinating or leading the implementation of new and/or revised software applications/databases including interfacing with vendors, ensuring user training, etc. with minimal guidance.
- Arranges for needed resources in order to meet timelines.
- Uses advanced level software programs such as Excel, ChemDraw, Filemaker Pro, Access and PowerPoint to create graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and LCD presentations.
- Under manager's direction, creates draft reports, documents, presentations and templates using raw data.
- May gather data using internet searches. Understands the goals and objectives of the entire department and contributes to the attainment of those G&O\'s.
- Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for coordinating large events which includes the planning, organizing and implementation of a number of event activities.
- Liaises with guests and speakers to assess needs and coordinates, as needed, such activities as travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations.
- Typically, coordinates the preparation of annual budget, reviews monthly budget, reviews and researches variances.
- May coordinate group lease cars requirements and activities (at International Locations). May assist with facilities space planning or office set-up.
- May screen and prioritize manager's mail and email.
- Assists in the orientation of new administrative assistants and other staff.
- Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period of time.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures.
- Must possess good proofreading and editing skills of technical documents.
- Has the ability to review the work of lower level administrative assistants.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using a number of office software.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Receives occasional direction from manager to perform non-routine job responsibilities and duties.
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 3+ years administrative experience.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/QA-Administrative-Coordinator_R0022520
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency