PostDoc Biodegradability and digitalization (m/f/d)
Become a member of a young and international team of scientists with expertise in chemistry, material science, microbiology and biochemistry, collaborating with academic cooperation partners and stakeholders across the globe.
- You will screen and adapt existing methods and develop new techniques to assess the biodegradability of plastics, microplastics and polymers in different end of life scenarios.
- You will assess biodegradability by linking material and environmental properties, microbial communities and enzymes involved in the biodegradation process to elucidate mechanisms.
- You will investigate metabolites and degradation products of different materials together with experts at the BASF analytical department.
- Hereby, you will use automation and digitalization processes to further increase research efficiency.
- You will publish the results of state-of-the-art research in high impact, peer-reviewed journals and contribute to the development of international standards on plastic biodegradation.
- PhD in environmental chemistry, ecology, material science, analytical chemistry, microbiology or biochemistry
- preferably, previous experience on biodegradable materials, biodegradation testing method or microplastic
- experience with bioinformatics or have collaborated with members of bioinformatics teams on your past projects are desireable
- praxis in using and applying data management software, databases and related programming skills
- a creative and motivated team player with strong communication and presentation skills in English