About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Dr. Mingye Feng's laboratory at the Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented and highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow. Dr. Feng is an awardee of the V Scholar Award from the V Foundation for Cancer Research, the Damon Runyon - Dale F. Frey Award for Breakthrough Scientists from the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, and the K99/R00 Pathway to Independence Award from NIH. His laboratory employs cutting edge techniques to understand mechanisms of macrophages in cancer immunosurveillance, identify "don't eat me" signals on various hematopoietic malignant and solider tumor cells and develop novel cancer immunotherapies targeting metastatic cancer cells. The successful candidate will utilize a combination of in vitro cell biological, molecular biological and immunological approaches and in vivo models to study interactions between cancer cells and macrophages and develop strategies to enable macrophage-mediated cancer immunotherapies. The position is available immediately with competitive salary and benefits. Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in cell biology, cancer biology, immunology or a related discipline is required.
- Experience in cell biology, cancer biology and immunology along with excellent verbal and written skills and integral working ethics.
- For more information on Dr. Mingye Feng's research please visit, here
- Please submit a cover letter, CV and contact information of three references.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job