Director, Regulatory Affairs
Director, Regulatory Affairs
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Responsible for leading all regulatory activities for assigned project(s) and territories in line with ICH requirements, regional requirements and scientific and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring responsibilities of Applicant and/or License Holder defined in legislation or regulatory guidance is met for assigned product(s) and territories.
- Prepare and/or manage others' submissions that are technically complex and require extensive interaction with departments outside of Regulatory Affairs.
- Responsible for submitting or ensuring submission of all regulatory documents required to obtain and maintain clinical trial applications and marketing authorizations for assigned product(s) and territories.
- Responsible for ensuring preparation of the Product Company Core Data Sheets (CCDS), regulatory review of draft Product Company Core Safety Information (CCSI) and ensuring that any updates to the CCDS or CCSI are implemented in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring product packaging and associated information is updated and maintained in accordance with the product license. Acts as project team representative and may act as submission team representative for specified products.
- Represents Regulatory Function at internal meetings. Works proactively to build contacts with local Regulatory Authorities. Participates in industry trade groups and regulatory affairs professional societies.
- Maintains knowledge of highly complex regulatory requirements up to date, contribute to preparation of new regulatory guidance wherever possible, comments on draft regulatory guidance and communicates changes in regulatory information to project teams and senior management.
- Initiates or contributes to local and / or global process improvements which have a significant impact on the business.
- 12+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience
- Degree in a scientific field is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, including ICH requirements and regional requirements for assigned territories and have an understanding of current global and regional trends in Regulatory Affairs and ability to assess the impact of these requirements to the business.
- Must be capable of developing and implementing regulatory strategy and of managing complex negotiations with Regulatory Authorities.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Must be capable of taking a leadership role in updating and preparing the Company for major changes in legislation in assigned territories, which impact many departments.
- Must be capable of leading one or more teams in preparation of submissions and maintenance of licenses.
- Work is performed under consultative direction towards corporate regulatory goals and objectives.
- Schedules and arranges own activities and those of direct report(s) (if applicable).
- Is recognized as an expert resource for Regulatory Advice in other departments.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Regulatory-Affairs_R0022411
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency