Associate Director, Supply Chain- Warehouse and Distribution
Associate Director, Supply Chain- Warehouse and Distribution
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Supply Chain, Warehouse and Distribution
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to our workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead Sciences, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in Supply Chain at our Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking motivated, organized, team-oriented leaders with expertise in Warehouse, Distribution, Inventory, and Materials Management.
- Manages a team of Supply Chain personnel, including organizing and prioritizing goals and objectives in line with business strategy. Organizes workload, prioritizes tasks, organizes training and conducts performance reviews.
- Manages processes and operations for Warehouse, Inventory Management, and Distribution that includes but not limited to raw materials, samples, cell bank vials, raw material sampling, lab supplies, MRO spare parts, equipment, and general supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring suitable quality, optimal economics, and adequate security of supply chain.
- Collaborates with the Leadership on the strategic planning of the group.
- Implements, manages, and monitors vendor managed programs and services.
- Responsible for the management and execution of change management records and tasks.
- Manage outsourced distribution activities with 3PLs, CMOs, and other external suppliers.
- May lead, manage, and participate in warehouse and capacity capital projects.
- Establishes and tracks process metrics and key performance indicators.
- May perform Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) to support both internal and external requirements.
- Partners and collaborates with other functions and leaders to establish and improves processes and procedures to align to the business model, requirements, and strategy.
- Provides leadership, direction and management of a team, to support execution of the Supply Chain strategy.
- Provides supervision, training, guidance and performance management to department personnel.
- Monitors, assesses and communicates risks and delays to project teams and management on a timely basis.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the operation of Supply Chain activities, ensuring all relevant regulatory and business requirements are met.
- Develops and implements strategies and goals for specific products, projects, or processes.
- Creates and effectively communicates supplier, subcontractor and/or vendor agreements and opportunities to the organization.
- Implements and maintains material and inventory control systems, policies, processes and procedures ensuring that a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Manages the coordination, shipping, receiving, transfer, and logistics of raw materials, samples, product, and supplies.
- May serve as liaison between the company and the various governmental agencies and/or audit agencies as required. Responsible for managing and responding to audit findings, observations, and CAPAs.
- Reviews, and/or implements changes to controlled documents as needed. May author sections of regulatory documents.
- May execute supplier agreements in conjunction with Legal and internal clients to ensure contracts terms and conditions are in compliance with corporate and purchasing guidelines.
- Conducts formal business reviews with key suppliers, subcontractors and/or vendors to discuss performance on a regular basis. Manages against contract performance to ensure that agreed upon cost, service, quality, schedule and flexibility goals are met.
- Drives improvements that increases efficiency, improves effectiveness, and provides overall benefit to cost.
- Compiles information from periodicals, catalogs, and other sources to keep informed on relevant market and competitor information.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 10+ years relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Able to create written communication that is properly structured providing clear, concise messages that draw well supported conclusions.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance, including pharmaceutical GMPs and ICH Q7A is highly desirable
- Able to apply established organizational policies, and interpret, execute, and recommend modifications to department policies and procedures as needed.
- Familiarity with the technologies, strengths, and weaknesses of a wide variety of fine chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers worldwide is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the financial aspects of Supply Chain operations.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and proficiency across multiple practices within Supply Chain department, to understand, coordinate and communicate across the competing demands of each.
- Experience with designing and implementing organizational and operational strategy.
- Experience with Supply Chain operations in a clinical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with cold chain logistics desirable.
- Experience and knowledge with new warehouse and materials flow design and operational readiness a plus.
- Experience in both domestic and international transportation and logistics highly desirable.
- Strong experience with enterprise systems, Oracle-EBS and SAP preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or APICS certification and knowledge a plus.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2507466&targetURL=https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead">https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2507466&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Associate-Director--Supply-Chain--Warehouse-and-Distribution_R0022388
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency