Senior Manager, Forecasting
Senior Manager, Forecasting
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New York - ManhattanUnited States - Illinois - ChicagoUnited States - New Jersey - Morris PlainsUnited States - North Carolina - RaleighUnited States - North Carolina - DurhamUnited States - Georgia - Atlanta
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company\'s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for - and potentially curing - some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV/AIDS, Liver diseases, Hematology and Oncology, and Inflammation and Respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
The Forecasting team within Gilead's Commercial Operations organization is responsible for accurately forecasting Gilead's US inline and launch products in the 0 - 3 year window across Gilead's business units. This role will report to one of the Forecasting leads and be responsible for managing forecasting activities for one of the therapeutic areas. This role will interact frequently with senior and executive management.
The individual in this role must leverage a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, leadership and influencing, executive presence, etc.) to help drive the success of the Forecasting team's work across a variety of key stakeholders - including business unit and brand marketing leads, peer functional leads within Commercial Operations, Finance, Manufacturing, and executive leadership.
This position will be based in the Foster City, CA office. Full relocation package is available.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with key business partners to develop short- and medium-term forecasts integrating key market dynamics and cross-functional expertise
- Regularly communicate with Senior Executives and strategic partners to report analytical findings or projections on forecasting, inventory management, and key performance metrics/diagnostics
- Develop forecast scenario analyses including key risks and opportunities to clearly characterize forecast uncertainties and key drivers for executive leadership
- Analyzing primary research data and secondary data sources to glean insights and understand implications for our forecasts
- Tracking forecast accuracy and driving continuous improvements in forecast models and process
- Design and implement processes to both support decision-making process as it relates to key strategies and increase the overall effectiveness across the Commercial, Marketing, Finance and Manufacturing functions.
- National-level performance reporting and diagnostics, including reconciliation with forecasts
- Patient-level analytics
- Market and competitor assessments
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Strong communicator that can provide guidance to Brand Leads on defining assumptions, monitoring key performance indicators and recommending changes to achieve brand and/or sales goals
- Define the appropriate methods, techniques, evaluation criteria, and quality assurance protocols for National Analytics & Forecasting
- Develops and implements customized tools to innovate and/or streamline forecasting processes to match needs and market specific dynamics
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses, including forecasts
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., Symphony Health, IMS, etc.) is required
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry and experience forecasting similar products or therapeutic areas is highly desired
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- BS degree or higher in life sciences or medicine (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is desirable; relevant experience in biopharmaceutical-focused marketing consulting would also be considered
- A firm grasp of complex forecasting & modeling techniques that support various types of strategic analytics (e.g., forecasting, business analytics, sales incentive modeling, etc.) is preferred. Candidates with strong analytical capabilities without forecasting experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication/influencing skills and executive presence required
- Balances exceptional technical expertise with strong strategic thinking and practical business orientation
- Able to distill complex information to essential knowledge, and persuasively present to all levels of management
- Able to assume full responsibility for accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of deliverables completed through own efforts or those of vendors
- Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment is desirable, as is a solid understanding of principles relating to the area of functional specialization
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IMS, Symphony Health) is required
- A foundation of experience in one or more of Gilead's key therapeutic areas (HIV, Liver disease, Oncology, Cardiopulmonary) is desired
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in a clear and effective manner
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2507459&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager--Forecasting_R0022346-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency