Director, Clinical Operations Innovation Lead - Virology & Inflammation
Director, Clinical Operations Innovation Lead - Virology & Inflammation
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Technology and Innovation
Innovation Lead - Virology & Inflammation
(Development Operations / Clinical Operations)
The Director of Technology & Innovation will be a founding member of a growing innovation team driven by the mission of designing and transforming the patient experience in clinical trials utilizing human centered design methodologies, digital health technology and data science to produce next generation clinical evidence to support the development and approval of our products. They will report to and partner closely with the Head of Technology and Innovation to drive the strategy, framework and methodology for delivering the portfolio of projects within defined budget and timelines. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of enabling policies and procedures, digital health technology infrastructure, digital assets, data science infrastructure, and design methods to deliver on the digital transformation objectives for global development and clinical operations.
The Director will have experience in global clinical development and operations, with expertise in clinical trial digital health technology and innovation, and the ability to integrate it with Gilead\'s processes & methodologies. They will play a key role in designing, improving and executing the capability development process across the organization. The director must have extensive experience implementing organizational change management techniques across a highly matrixed, large biopharmaceutical company.
- Partner with the functional innovation head to establish the new Technology and Innovation function and provide a clear strategy for clinical innovation in alignment with the enterprise digital strategy
- Lead the development and execution of the digital health capability roadmap
- Develop and manage an innovation methodology for identifying, exploring, testing, validating and scaling capabilities that align with the innovation roadmap
- Identify emerging technology spanning startups, mid-sized, and large organizations across a variety of industries establishing strategic partnerships creating significant advances in speed and value
- Serve as an Innovation leader and liaison to key functional areas including but not limited to Marketing, Commercial Operations, Clinical Research, Data Science, Development Operations, and Clinical Operations
- Responsibility for functional recruitment and management of the team consisting of full-time equivalents, contractors and partners
- Lead the development of the innovation portfolio in alignment with the strategy and near- term priorities
- Provide leadership and apply defined structure to prototypes and proof-of-concepts while integrating and scaling proven capabilities into production
- Inform corporate and regulatory strategy policies as it relates to Patient Focused Drug Development, Digital Health, and Real World Evidence
- Provide leadership and oversight for the successful management of international clinical trials (Phase I - IV) across multiple indications through clinical study teams and using CROs, strategic partnerships, and internal resources
- Lead and participate in collaborative SOP development, project team governance documents (clinical development plans, RFD, RF2, RF3), Clinical Study Reports, INDs, NDAs and other clinical/regulatory/safety documents, as well as abstracts, presentations and manuscripts
- Support Gilead Public Relations and external corporate giving, or Employee Resource Group (ERG) initiatives (e.g. community service)
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree. Preferred: Masters or higher degree in Industrial Design, Information Technology, Computer Science, Pharmacy, Data Science or related field
- Extensive working knowledge of drug development and global clinical trial conduct including recent advances in data science and technology
- Prior experience leading digital transformation and designing large global programs and studies
- High degree of customer focus and collaboration in a cross-functional team environment
- Prior experience implementing digital health devices and patient engagement techniques on a clinical trial
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, including agile project management of multiple time-sensitive projects
- Inspirational leadership style for high performance, attracting talent and communicating effectively to influence across a matrix and create a clear sense of direction
- Advanced capabilities in Change Management and Business Transformation initiatives
- Strong command of solving complex problems and use of highly developed independent judgement relating to domestic and global regulations, guidelines, investigator interactions, and timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a track record for effectively communicating scientific, medical, and organizational concepts
- Extensive interpersonal skills, with the ability to mentor staff and organize, motivate and lead multifunctional teams to deliver results
- Experience applying GDPR and HIPAA requirements
- 12+ years of experience and a BS in a relevant scientific discipline OR
- 10+ years of relevant experience and an MS degree in a non-scientific discipline OR
- 8+ years of experience and a PhD
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- This position is in Foster City, California or Remote and may require domestic or international travel as required (valid travel documents must be obtainable)
- Location: Gilead Sciences 333 Lakeside Drive Foster City, CA
- For jobs in the United States: As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2507368&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Clinical-Operations-Innovation-Lead---Virology---Inflammation_R0022425
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency