Research Scientist, Biologics Analytical Operations
Research Scientist, Biologics Analytical Operations
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Independently champion technology development projects.
- Involved in new assay evaluation and optimization, along with defining GMP potency platforms.
- Participate in process development and compatibility studies.
- Identify and deploy orthogonal characterization methods to aid in identifying critical quality attributes.
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of all critical custom reagents and cell lines used in the development and QC potency assays.
- Responsible for developing and validating potency assays to support biological drug development.
- Proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Partner with Gilead internal researchers in the identification and selection of robust potency assays and optimization efforts for GMP applications.
- Responsible for planning and organizing experiment details.
- Collaborate with team members to characterize the molecule, degradation pathways and define critical quality attributes in a phase appropriate context.
- May be asked to operate scientific equipment, select appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments, and prepare related reports.
Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- Ph.D. with 0+ years, OR M.S/M.Sc with 6+ years, OR B.S with 8+ years in Biology or a relevant scientific discipline.
- Strong background in Immunology and/or Immuno-oncology with expertise in immunoassay (ELISA, Biacore) and cell-based assay (in vitro cell based assay, flow cytometry) development.
- Demonstrated hands-on experimental responsibilities in the laboratory,
- Must be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. (This is a highly collaborative environment where willingness and ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals across various project teams is essential.)
- Must be self-motivated, organized, familiar with the relevant literature, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking.
- Demonstrate hands-on experimental responsibilities in the laboratory including aseptic technique, routine cell culturing and performance of plate-based assays.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be required.
- Must be team oriented, and comfortable in a flexible work environment.
- High level of detail will be required to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Be able to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative working environment.
- Experience with GMP validation and testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of GLP or GxP is highly preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2501185&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Research-Scientist--Biologics-Analytical-Operations_R0022286-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency