Sr Research Associate II, Analytical Operations
Sr Research Associate II, Analytical Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Research Associate II, Analytical Outsourcing & Stability (AOS)
This role is in the Analytical Core Team (ACT) within Analytical Operations (AO), based at our headquarters in Foster City, CA. The group is responsible for CMC analytical activities related to the development of Gilead's small molecule drug substances and drug products. The successful candidate will possess a detailed understanding of analytical method development, strong critical thinking skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Develop and execute analytical methods related to solid oral dosage drug product (stability-indicating assay and impurities, discriminatory dissolution, blend and content uniformity, water content) in collaboration with supervisory personnel and lab analysts using techniques such as liquid chromatography, Karl-Fischer, dissolution, disintegration.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and test methods.
- Review testing data and results to ensure compliance to appropriate test methods, specifications, and protocols. Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret outcomes.
- Participate in method validation and method transfer to QC and external laboratories.
- Author and revise analytical methods, specifications, protocols, reports, and other documentation.
- Able to work well independently and in a team setting on assigned tasks, such as method development and stability testing.
- Participate in group meetings, present results of work, interpret data, and draw conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Work in collaboration to design experiments and advance state-of-the-art techniques.
- Recommend alternatives, research new methods and techniques, and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Use good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
Key Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills required.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience, OR a Master's Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience.
- Hands-on experience and problem-solving skills with chromatographic techniques (HPLC/UPLC, GC) and dissolution.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2499379&targetURL=https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg">https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2499379&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate-II--Analytical-Operations_R0022309
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency