US Compliance Execution Manager
US Compliance Execution Manager
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['The RoleWe are seeking an experienced Manager to support the implementation and localization of Gilead's healthcare compliance program in the United States (US). This role will be based in our offices in Foster City, California, and will report to the US Compliance Execution Director, to assist in enhancing Gilead's healthcare compliance program. For the right opportunity, we may be able to consider this as a remote position.
The Manager will be responsible for supporting the company's efforts to operationalize our healthcare compliance program in the US to ensure business activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards. The Manager will work closely with other colleagues within Legal and across different functions in order to support the adoption of global strategies and objectives relating to the company's healthcare compliance program. The Manager will contribute to the continued enhancement of a culture of integrity, supporting the company's Core Values.
Essential Duties and Job FunctionsThe Manager will help support the Global Compliance function to ensure the operationalization and execution of global healthcare compliance strategies relating to policies, monitoring, transparency reporting/systems, and training and communications, among others, in the US, while coordinating with US Legal colleagues. Key responsibilities also include the following:
- Support the alignment, coordination and roll-out as well as operational excellence of healthcare compliance activities in the US, in accordance with global healthcare compliance strategies.
- Provide ongoing compliance execution-related support to the company's operations in the US, including tracking and reporting of various healthcare compliance projects.
- Collaborate with other functions, including Commercial and Medical, to provide compliance-related support to ensure effective compliance programs in place.
- Follow up on the execution of corrective action plans from audits and monitoring.
- Track and report compliance metrics.
- Assist in project management support to compliance initiatives.
- Coordinate with legal and business conduct colleagues in the US to support the execution of Gilead's healthcare compliance program.
- Communicate and facilitate the knowledge transfer of global healthcare compliance strategies and materials.
- Identify and collect US compliance best practices to help inform global compliance strategies and policies.
- Develop and manage documents and templates to facilitate the effective management and implementation of compliance programs and initiatives.
- Foster an energizing work environment where employees have impact on our patient-centric mission.
- Align within the broader global legal organization to ensure the team partners effectively across all functions within Gilead.
- Connect other departments of Legal across the company concerning compliance-related data capture systems (e.g., International Legal, Global Therapeutic Area Legal, Data Privacy, Litigation & Investigations, Intellectual Property, Legal Operations).
- Other tasks as assigned by line management.
Knowledge, Experience and SkillsGilead is looking for an individual who is experienced in the compliance area of the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry with proven cultural adaptability across geographies. Ideally the successful candidate will have gained exposure to working within an organization with a US-based headquarters, as well as experience with operations in major markets worldwide. The candidate must have a strong background and exposure to compliance-related systems and transparency reporting requirements across the globe.Detailed requirements include:
- 6-8+ years prior industry experience required, preferably 3+ years of performing similar tasks at a similar company
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience dealing with biotech or pharmaceutical issues or industry working experience is required
- Proven track record of contributions and professional growth and development in prior roles, including ability to apply judgment to areas outside of core competency
- Proven judgment in working through issues, including those with low to moderate risk to the Company
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents, as well as anticipating, identifying and managing compliance risks
- Experience with systems and structures that facilitate an efficient and effective compliance program
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively in a global, matrixed organization with multiple functions, together with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Personal Competencies/BehaviorsThe ideal candidate will be solutions- and results-orientated. S/he will display personal and professional maturity and have a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Team player who can handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to define and implement solutions
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven analytical abilities
- Ability to learn and work with various technology solutions
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Exploratory mindset, motivated, and willing to learn new skills / area of expertise
- Vendor management skills
- Consistently demonstrate and adhere to Gilead's Core Values and create and inspire a team culture committed to the same
Gilead Core Values Additional Section
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2499227&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/US-Compliance-Execution-Manager_R0022277
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency