Manager Finance - PDM FP&A Oceanside
Manager Finance - PDM FP&A Oceanside
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a Finance Manager, FP&A to join the PDM finance team. The manager will be a key business partner to the Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) organization; specifically, they will be responsible for providing financial management and value-based business partnering decision support to the Biologics Operations Organization in Oceanside, CA and the wider PDM Finance team in other locations. This position reports to the Associate Director of Finance in Foster City, CA.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Support month-end close reporting activities and variance analytics. The Finance Manager will develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers to incorporate into monthly commentaries.
- Support the coordination and delivery of accurate and timely monthly/quarterly business reporting packages. Supports consolidation of Pharmaceutical and Biologics Operations management reporting packages. Present financial results to business partners.
- Support the bi-annual budgeting and forecasting planning process for each functional area for operating expense / headcount / capital expenditure.
- Pull together detailed actuals by Capital Project (POs / Invoices) to help Project Owners review status of their projects.
- Monthly metrics and tracking of major cost drivers.
- Provide ongoing analytical support to assist management with tactical and strategic decision-making processes.
- Develop a keen understanding of key performance drivers & issues relating to budget and actual results ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted to management.
- Drive continual improvements to processes, systems, financial tools and documentation.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A BA or BS degree is required, with 7+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role or cost accounting, 5+ years of relevant experience with an MBA.
- Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are must.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven, matrixed and multi-task environment.
- Excellent interpersonal (team player / ability to work cross functionally) skills required.
- Familiarity with financial software (Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, Tableau) and proficiency in spreadsheet / workbook and database structures are required.
- Previous manufacturing finance / cost accounting experience in a large multi-country organization a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- MBA degree is preferred.
- CPA / CMA qualification is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2499192&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Manager-Finance---PDM-FP-A-Oceanside_R0022203-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency