Sr. Analyst, Data Engineering
Sr. Analyst, Data Engineering
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Design and develops data pipelines and data driven applications under general direction.
- Provides troubleshooting and application support for specific data driven applications and solutions.
- Build data driven application using real world evidence data of patients.
- With increasing independence, provides data engineering to assigned internal groups to support R&D and other business decision-making; ensuring compliance with data quality and data governance standards.
- Works effectively with internal customers to fully diagnose and recommend appropriate solutions to meet data and audience needs.
- Typically provides internal groups with an end-to-end data science plan.
- Develops a comprehensive and deep understanding of data and fosters learning using data engineering, automation and visualization tools and applications to broaden efficiency and data accessibility, while enabling a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Under general direction, provides troubleshooting and application support for specific applications and solutions.
- Designs, develops, builds, and analyzes robust and scalable applications to support data integration.
- Works with business and IT partners to enhance data-driven applications to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- May Prepare program-level and user-level documentation.
- During application implementation and change management, may support, test, and refine application configurations to align with business process needs.
- Judgment required within confined guidelines.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple work activities to meet project deadlines.
- Identifies and documents business processes.
- Builds automated frameworks to process the data using any high-level programming language.
- Can work directly with users to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the problem root cause and customer's comfort level with Application.
- Prepares and manipulates data in a big data environment.
- Applies data extraction, transformation and loading techniques in order to integrate large datasets from various data sources.
- Creates data collection frameworks for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Defines continuous improvement of data integration, data lifecycle management, data security, data quality management, metadata management.
- Work with real world evidence data and build ad-hoc solutions for different use-cases.
- Data profiling and data quality management.
- Has complete understanding and appropriately applies knowledge of data engineering and machine learning principles, concepts, practices, standards, processes and tools.
- Typically owns data science deliverables for a small to medium size internal customer group with varying degrees of complex data needs.
- Routinely interacts cross-functionally with internal customer groups and internal partners.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Complete understanding and application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of building data driven application.
- Provide technical solutions to moderately complex problems. Solutions are thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel as needed. Work is reviewed regularly prior to completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs, projects or responsible individual business targets. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources or loss of sales.
- Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Experience working with programming languages like Java, Python, SAS, SQL, and SCALA.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting and tuning AWS Lambda functions developed with Python.
- Understanding of Data warehousing/Data Modeling/Data Lake with Redshift and Athena.
- Experience in database design and architecture principles and strong SQL abilities.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, ECS, Glue and PySpark.
- Experience in working with OMOP CDM and OHDSI tools.
- Familiar with industry expectations of EHDEN and OHDSI.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 4+ Years with BA/ BS, 2+ Years with MA/ MS
- This role is also available at Foster City location.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2495891&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Analyst--Data-Science_R0022224-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency