TUMCREATE is a research platform for the improvement of Singapore's public health. Researchers from Technical University Munich (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) join forces and are funded by Singapore’s National Research Foundation (NRF) as part of the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE). In TUMCREATE, over 100 scientists, researchers and engineers work together, led by Professors from the Technical University of Munich and Nanyang Technological University. More information about TUMCREATE can be found on our web site at www.tum-create.edu.sg.
Complete blood counts are the most requested clinical in-vitro diagnostic tests. Imaging flow cytometry for next generation hematology analyzer is a promising method for the transfer of preclinical biomarker to the clinic to solve unmet need in diagnosing fever. The candidate is supported by the NRF-funded project “CellFACE - Imaging-based Flow Cytometry for Hidden Haematology Biomarker” where a multidisciplinary group consists of A*STAR, NTU, NUH, NUS, Sunningdale Tech Ltd. and TUM investigate the development of an imaging flow cytometer for clinical diagnostic studies. The candidate will look into the following areas:
- Build a calibration table of biomarkers with life science groups
- Develop a quality control routine for imaging to perform clinical studies
- Imaging of patient blood samples
- Biomarker analysis using machine learning
- Managing of clinical sample logistics
- PhD degree in Computer Sciences/Biomedical Engineering or related biophysical disciplines
- 1 year experience in flow cytometry, image analysis, deep learning and python programming
- Transdisciplinary research work between engineering, life sciences, and clinical research
- Strong communication skills in engineering and life sciences
- Working location in Singapore
- Dynamic, multicultural and self-defined work environment in the heart of Asia
- Attractive income and medical benefits
- Working with medical technology prototypes and cooperation with clinical partner
Please send your complete application including cover letter, CV, university transcripts and degree certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.