DT Ward, PC, is a boutique intellectual property (IP) law firm dedicated to helping our clients create, transform and leverage their innovations. Our practice is focused on start-up biotech and pharmaceutical companies. To ensure that our clients' portfolios can withstand the rigors and challenges of the marketplace, we offer a unique set of services including portfolio development and management, strategic counseling, investment diligence and technology licensing support.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who wants to acquire a competitive skill set at the intersection of science, business and law in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have Ph.D. in any of the biological sciences or chemistry, have outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and have strong writing skills.
Responsibilities and Training Opportunities
- Perform diligence and landscape analyses in the area of biochemistry and biotechnology.
- Assist in the management of client patent portfolio and align IP with company objectives through prosecution and maintenance of IP.
- Create and capture new IP through working with client scientists, collaborators and founders.
- Support IP diligence for potential licensing & acquisition transactions. Support business development discussions and planning.
- Fully integrate as a member of multiple project teams and provide input on client projects.
- Prepare patent applications, summary documents and memoranda including presentation materials to support the firm’s clients.
- Ability to be highly productive and flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, nucleic acid technology, gene therapy, biochemistry, or organic chemistry strongly preferred.
- Experience or expertise with standard software suites including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Term: Two (2) year contract with an option for an additional year.
Salary: $100K to $140K
Benefits: Generous benefits package, including,
- Medical insurance: Coverage begins on date of hire.
- Dental insurance: Coverage begins on date of hire.
- Retirement (401K): One-year qualifying event (three percent (3%) matching)
- Flexible Spending/Dependent care account: Available on date of hire.
- Vacation time: Three (3) weeks paid.
- Sick Leave: Pursuant to MA state law and Firm policy.
- Relocation: Pursuant to Firm policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V