The Center for Complex Network Intelligence (CCNI), directed by Prof. Carlo Vittorio Cannistraci (https://brain.tsinghua.edu.cn/en/info/1004/1016.htm) in the Tsinghua Laboratory of Brain and Intelligence (THBI) of Tsinghua University, is seeking exceptional candidates for postdoctoral fellow positions. The postdocs, in cooperation with other members of the CCNI, will contribute to research, and to develop pioneering algorithms at the interface between information science, physics of complex systems, complex networks and machine intelligence, with a particular focus on brain/life-inspired computing for big data analysis. The objective of the research is twofold: 1) investigation of theoretical topics to design next-generation artificial intelligence algorithms; 2) analysis of applied topics, in which the computational tools that have been designed are applied to different scientific domains, such as neuroscience, computational biomedicine and socio-economic data science.
Postdoctoral policies and benefits of Tsinghua University include competitive salary, campus housing, childcare and many other related benefits (for details please refer to http://postdoctor.tsinghua.edu.cn/). Selected candidates with outstanding qualifications will be nominated for various prestigious postdoctoral fellows awards such as "Shuimu Scholars" of Tsinghua University.
THBI is a new stand-alone interdisciplinary research institute established by Tsinghua University. The institute aims to answer foundational questions about the nature of intelligence - in mind, brain, and artificial systems - and its application, through cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research efforts in the areas of brain science, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science.
- PhD degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent computational sciences)
- Excellent programming skills (the research is often performed in MATLAB/Python/Julia, therefore knowledge of these programming languages is welcome)
- Machine learning and network science experience is valued
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong motivation and commitment to work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
The review of applications is ongoing and will continue until the positions are filled.
Phase 1 (initial screening), interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position;
- CV including publication list, and a link to a professional webpage and Google Scholar page;
- Two representative publications which best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position;
- Names and contact information of three reference letter writers;
Phase 2 (interview), candidates that pass Phase 1 are invited for interview:
- The candidate will receive a list of articles to carefully study in order to prepare a 20 minutes presentation of their content (journal club style) during the interview;
- The candidate will invite the reference letters’ writers to send their letters.
Questions and Applications should be submitted to the following addresses together:
Prof. Carlo Vittorio Cannistraci, Director of CCNI: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Alessandro Muscoloni, Assistant Prof. at CCNI: email@example.com
Yuanyuan Song, Administrative Assistant at CCNI: firstname.lastname@example.org