Senior Scientist, Assay Development
BellBrook Labs has been developing innovative high throughput screening solutions to accelerate drug discovery and biological research since 2006. The company’s flagship Transcreener® high throughput screening (HTS) assays have been used by hundreds of pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world to develop more effective drugs for treating cancer, neurodegenerative disorders, and other debilitating diseases. In 2017, the company began leveraging its technology and expertise to make a greater impact, both medically and financially, by playing a more direct role in the development of life-saving drugs. The company currently has three NIH-funded small molecule discovery programs focused on innate immune pathways, with indications in autoimmunity, cancer immunotherapy and antivirals. BellBrook scientists see the immediate significance of their R&D efforts in the company’s HTS assay reagents and services business, as well as a societal impact through the development of therapeutic molecules.
The Senior Scientist, Assay Development will work in a team environment to develop and validate biochemical and cellular HTS assays for small molecule drug discovery, communicate their results in application notes and/or peer-reviewed publications, and advance new products to market. The scientist will also work with customers to maximize their success with the company’s HTS assay products. The position requires a background in biochemistry and a strong working understanding of enzymology. The candidate must be capable of independent research with minimal supervision and have the desire and ability to work collaboratively. The position requires a balance of creativity, scientific rigor, initiative, flexibility, and strong communication skills.
- Design and execute experiments to develop and validate biochemical HTS assays using BellBrook’s Transcreener HTS Assay platform and investigate new assay methods.
- Produce and characterize assay reagents, including antibodies, fluorescent probes, and enzymes.
- Work directly with scientific, manufacturing, and marketing staff to transfer new products from R&D to market.
- Run biochemical and cellular assays to characterize small-molecule enzyme inhibitors for SAR and MOA studies.
- Provide technical expertise to the company’s HTS assay users, present results at scientific symposia, and contribute to application notes and peer-reviewed publications.
- Supervise and/or mentor scientists for achieving BBL goals, enhancing performance, and achieving scientific growth.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry or related field. Extensive experience in biochemistry/enzymology research in an academic or industrial setting. They should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in biological research with an outstanding record of achievement in applied research.
- Proficient in project design and execution, preferably in HTS assay development and/or hit-to-lead activities.
- Proven organizational, analytical skills with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and the flexibility to adjust to changes in a small, fast-paced company.
- Excellent communication, including writing and presentation skills. They should display strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working alliances with colleagues, customers, and external collaborators.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Apply for Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly