Director of Research & Sustainability
Title: Director of Research & Sustainability
Supervisor: Vice President for Research & Member Services (VP-RMS)
Overall Responsibilities. Responsible for implementing all aspects of the Pulse Industry research and sustainability strategic plan.
Accountability. The Director of Research is accountable to the CEO and VP-RMS for all duties performed particularly in the areas of strategic research and sustainability planning, research policy, research grants and research project management.
- Industry Research- Responsible for management of the industry research committee and for preparing and executing an annual research RFP, research review and award process.
- Sustainability Plan. Responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of the pulse industry sustainability strategic plan in coordination with Sr. Management Staff and industry committees.
- PCHI & PQN- Responsible for serving as the lead staff liaison for the Pulse Crop Health Initiative (PCHI) and Pulse Quality Network (PQN) advisory committees to ensure the research funded aligns with industry priorities.
- NIFA Commodity Board Grant- Responsible for the development of the USDA/NIFA commodity board grant application, review and award process.
- Crop Protection- Responsible for the development and execution of the industry crop protection plan.
- Variety Release Committee- Responsible for the management of the industry pulse crop variety release committee.
- Database of Researchers and Research. Maintain a web-based searchable database tool providing information about pulse crop researchers and conducted pulse crop research. Update this database at least annually.
- Policy. Responsible for the development of policy materials on pulse crop research and sustainability.
- Pulse Foundation. Responsible for preparing research grant requests for the Pulse Foundation and other members of the coalition to leverage research funds from state and federal sources, private donations and foundations to achieve industry research and sustainability goals.
- Special event coordination. Responsible for coordinating special events that promote pulse crops and facilitate execution of the goals of the industry strategic research plan.
- Education and Outreach. Staff lead on information to members and the general public for scientific information concerning pulse crops.
- Office Operations. Assist the management staff in areas of general office operation and special projects.
- Travel. Serve as Pulse Crop Research Representative in selected national and international research events/meetings.
Apply for Director of Research & Sustainability
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly