Database Services Lead
Database Services Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Gilead IT WIO database group supports enterprise databases across all business functionalities to deliver on Gilead's dedication to bringing life-saving therapies to people in need. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and highly skilled database technologist to join the team. You will work closely with the key stakeholders to deliver on reliability, user satisfaction, compliance, and innovation. You will focus on working on a cloud base infrastructure along with managed service providers to provide guidance, strategy, and vision. If you love to take on challenges of complex and innovative environments, join our team and directly impact how we operate as a company.
- Design, configure, and manage highly available databases, leveraging more advanced database administration concepts.
- Lead investigation to provide rapid resolution of database issues including performance degradation.
- Plan and implement proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Fully leverage database technologies and services available by our cloud provider to maximize their benefits for Gilead systems.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the whole life cycle of their applications, ensuring database best practices and technologies are incorporated to provide optimal reliability, performance, and efficiency.
- Implement, configure, and review database monitoring using both Oracle Enterprise Monitor as well as cloud native database monitoring tools.
- Manage managed service provider database team, provide technical guidance, evaluate performance metrics, and communicate with management.
- Fully understand and are capable of implement cloud native business continuity solutions.
- Fully meet compliance requirements including GxP training, change management, system maintenance, and documentation review.
- Maintain and create database SOP documents by providing review, revision, and improvement.
- Develop and enforce database standards, policies and procedures, especially for the cloud database service operation model.
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle database administration
- 3+ years managing databases in cloud environment
- Expert in SQL, Oracle utilities including data pump, SQL*Loader, and RMAN, and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Proficient with scripting languages including Shell and PL/SQL
- Proficient with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Demonstrated experience in supporting large database applications including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction or data warehouse systems
- Excellent analytical skills in troubleshooting database issues such as performance problems
- Experience of supporting databases in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with management of globally dispersed technical delivery team
- Hands on experience with AWS RDS for Oracle.
- AWS cloud certification
- Certified with Oracle 12c or above.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases and PowerShell scripting.
- Hands on knowledge of PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Agile Dev Ops and cloud automation tools.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills, and can collaborate at all levels
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Database-Services-Lead_R0017631
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency