Sr. Associate Scientist - Tumor Microenvironment
Sr. Associate Scientist - Tumor Microenvironment
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking an exceptional Scientist to join the Oncology department at Gilead Sciences, Inc. Gilead is a world leader in antiviral research having developed small molecule compounds that have revolutionized the treatment of HIV, HCV, and HBV. Over the last 5 plus years, Gilead has significantly broadened its scope to encompass unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammation. Our research team is engaged in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics targeting the tumor microenvironment, with the goal of potentiating the anti-tumor immune response and synergizing with established and emerging immunotherapy approaches. The successful candidate will integrate into this team, leading and supporting biological investigation of new and established therapeutic targets. This position provides an exciting opportunity to have high-impact participation in the growth of a new research area within the established and highly collaborative oncology research group at Gilead.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Drive discovery and translational research aimed at identifying and advancing novel therapeutics
- Identify key scientific questions, design hypothesis-based experiments and analyze and interpret data to support initiation and/or advancement of therapeutic programs.
- Engage in cross-functional collaborations across Gilead's research organization (e.g. Medicinal Chemistry, Protein Therapeutics, High-Throughput Biology, Bioinformatics, Clinical Oncology, Biomarkers) to effectively develop new drugs.
- Participate in established external collaborations and bring outside expertise to Gilead by identifying and engaging new academic collaborators.
- May participate in evaluation of external licensing opportunities.
- Participate as an engaged member of the highly interactive Oncology department. Present research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- BS 7+ years or MS 5+ years or equivalent degree of relevant experience, preferably in drug development.
- Strong background in immunology and flow-cytometry-based assay development and experience running functional immune cell activation assays is desired.
- Fluency in the use of molecular techniques to evaluate signaling networks and cytokine/chemokine expression (eg. western blot, ELISA, proteomics as well as siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR and gene expression analysis).
- Candidates with experience in tumor vasculature, the formation and maintenance of secondary and tertiary lymphoid organs/structures, activated myofibroblast signaling mechanisms, and/or immune-stroma-tumor co-culture systems are highly encouraged to apply
- A working knowledge of the design and execution of in vivo animal model studies is a plus
- Strong communication skills required, with an ability to communicate and scientifically engage individuals across a large breadth of levels and translate ideas and data into concise written and verbal communications.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2492263&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist-I---Tumor-Microenvironment_R0022198
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency