Research Lab Operations Specialist (Formulation and Process Development)
Research Lab Operations Specialist (Formulation and Process Development)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Research Lab Operations (Formulation and Process Development)
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Direct Project Support
- Coordinate special project material and supply orders (e.g. sterile supplies, sterile excipients, needles, syringes, desiccant)
- Identify and schedule instrument needs with project team
- Manage UPLC columns inventory
- Evaluate material storage requirements
- Coordinate entry to restricted access spaces
- Provide support with training and troubleshooting of ELN documentation
- Formulation and Process Development Lab Oversight
- Perform daily walkthroughs of shared lab spaces
- Coordinate chemical transfers or deliveries with shipping/receiving
- Coordinate waste disposal requests
- Schedule lab floor cleaning and housekeeping requests
- Inventory Management
- Oversee DDCPE/FPD shared consumable supplies and storage
- Coordinate purchasing with Outsource Manufacturing and external suppliers
- Ensure lab consumable supplies are sufficiently stocked in all areas; interact with Fisher Scientific team as necessary
- Actively monitor bulk material storage in non-GMP warehouse, fridges, freezers
- Schedule and perform excipient dispensing with GMP Warehouse and Pilot Plant teams
- Instrument Support
- Support on-site instrument calibration and maintenance activities
- Review associated documentation and Maximo work orders
- Help create standard work instructions for common instruments
- Update department SharePoint resource pages accordingly
- Provide training support and safety guidance for benchtop instruments such as centrifuges, ampule sealer, ovens, etc.
- Perform lab safety inspections with lab leads, EH&S, etc.
- Order safety equipment and supplies as needed
- Participate in new hire/new user orientation for FPD lab spaces
- Be a champion of safety (i.e. powder safety, chemical hygiene, engineering controls)
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical writing including work instructions and SOPs for instrument or process operations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task: support multiple projects at a time, work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment
Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree
Preferred/Highly Desired Experience
- Two (2) years of relevant lab and equipment experience.
- HPLC/UPLC operation and troubleshooting experience.
- Laboratory instrument experience including balances, pH meters, dissolution apparatus, physical characterization equipment (hardness, friability, particle size determination), thermal analysis (TGA/DVS/TSC).
- Inventory and ordering management - tracking, database experience.
- Experience with laboratory and chemical safety initiatives, inspections, and partnering with EH&S or similar teams.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Lab-Operations-Specialist--Formulation-and-Process-Development-_R0022251
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency