Associate Director - PBO Logistics
Associate Director - PBO Logistics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
Leads, directs and manages a team responsible for oversight of global logistics and transportation activities in the Pharmaceutical and Biologics group. The individual will help lead and execute the overall team logistics strategy. This includes, but not limited to, negotiating national and regional partner agreements to ensure world class costs and savings; translating logistical best practices and industry knowledge to securely move drug product without interruption; develop or improve cold chain shipping requirements; maintain movement-inventory accuracy; and insure compliant practices are designed into the processes and programs.
- Budgetary responsibility for freight, warehousing and distribution. Tracking and management of performance to budget.
- Coordinate product delivery logistics with suppliers, importers, transportation companies and warehouse operations. Develop efficient routings and scheduling.
- Lead, coach, mentor, train and develop the Logistics Team. Inspire the Logistics Team to achieve their productivity, efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness goals
- Manage third party warehousing for common components and distribution of final drug product to customer in a compliant manner consistent with Gilead and customer expectations.
- Negotiate contract pricing with freight forwarders and other service providers.
- Ensure the accuracy of freight invoices, brokerage charges and import duty billings
- Lead the compliant implementation and ongoing operational execution for Cold Chain logistics. Work closely with technical and quality teams to align with the selection, qualification and ongoing operation for shipping lanes and with carriers.
- Work with the cross-functional teams. Establish strategies and execution of action items for effective implementation globally.
- Establish systems, standard operating procedures and metrics (KPIs). Lead monthly and quarterly business reviews with transportation and other service providers
- Develop and implement strong structure and organization to drive the logistics and agreement/rate process.
- Create strategies for logistics and cold chain to identify and mitigate disruption/intervention.
Knowledge and Skills
Education and Experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director---PBO-Logistics_R0022182-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency