Sr Manager, Finance - FP & A R&D
Sr Manager, Finance - FP & A R&D
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
The Sr Manager FP&A - R&D Consolidations is a key member of the Research and Development Consolidations (RDC) team and will partner with the leadership across the Finance, Research, Development, and functional teams. This role will report to the Director of R&D FP&A. The objective of the RDC team is to provide standardized and best-in-class financial analyses and reports to support executive strategic decision making. Our team is responsible for the consolidation of Research and Development expenses.
The Sr Manager will manage the delivery of accurate and timely management reporting including monthly financial project level reporting and provide analytical support to middle and upper management along with the following:
- Consolidate financial results during Budget, forecast, quarter-and year-end close cycles and facilitate earnings/guidance preparation by collaborating closely with Corporate FP&A, Accounting and R&D Finance teams
- Provide on-going and ad-hoc analytical support to management, cross-functional teams
- Identify and drive continuous improvements and best practices sharing. Participate and/or lead R&D process improvement and financial system optimization initiatives
- Clearly communicate key business drivers and insights, variances to plan, opportunities and risks, and recommendations
- Establish strong relationships within Finance and with the Program Finance teams to deliver analytical and actionable results.
- Be an expert in relevant Gilead Financial tools/systems, provide expertise and support to broader R&D Finance team
- Forward thinking - understand the strategic directions of Finance Leadership and anticipate implications/impacts on broader R&D investment
- Can-do attitude and closure mentality - proactively work with others to identify and bring issues to closure in a timely manner
- Inclusive and strong cross-functional attitude - know who to involve in conducting analyses and solicits their input
- Continuous improvement - leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8+years of financial planning and analysis experience with increasing scope and responsibility, with a minimum of 4 years of management experience. 6+ years of experience with an MBA.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus
- Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures is required
- Working knowledge of Hyperion, Oracle, SAP preferred
- Expert in complex Excel spreadsheet and database structures
- Attention to detail and meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to apply knowledge to problem solving
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Finance---FP---A-R-D_R0022089-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency