Analyst, Commercial Operations (12 month contract)
Analyst, Commercial Operations (12 month contract)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation and serious respiratory conditions.
An exciting 12 month contract opportunity has arisen within the Canadian Commercial Operations team for an Analyst, Commercial Operations, based out of Mississauga, Ontario.
The preferred candidate would have experience in analytics within the pharmaceutical industry and knowledge of IQVIA datasets. The role will involve work across Gilead's portfolio of therapeutic areas and across multiple commercial operations functions.
The role will perform analyses leveraging existing data sources to provide accurate, reliable measures to support the business. Optimization and automation will be one of the key tenets of the role with an emphasis on leveraging Tableau in favor of Excel. This will be demonstrated through automated dashboard generation and data presentation that aids in insight generation to drive business decisions. The role will lead the training and adoption of Tableau within the core Commercial Operations team to reduce reliance on Excel. It will support Omni-Channel Engagement through data provision and work with Digital Marketing to ensure data is accessible to brand teams & trackable in online dashboards.
The role will support the creation of a local data warehouse in alignment with global Gilead's data enhancement initiatives.
- Provides ongoing support to local stakeholders, including development and alignment of KPIs & reports, and measuring key internal metrics to understand brand performance across therapeutic areas.
- Consolidate multiple data sources into a Tableau friendly environment to support dashboarding using Alteryx or other data sources.
- Creates and maintains Tableau dashboards from a variety of data sources.
- Strong presentation skills to distill complex data analyses concisely such that technical subjects can be translated for non-technical audiences. Including PowerPoint slide generation that presents data clearly and visually.
- Contribute to ongoing development and maintenance of training and project documentation.
- Identify and develop automation capabilities including data extraction and dashboard population
Manage day-to-day responsibilities
- Independently balances an assortment of functional responsibilities including projects which would be assigned on a weekly basis
- Meet with cross functional partners across therapy areas to better understand analytics needs across the Canadian organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively seek and provide support within the Commercial Operations team
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Educated to degree level or above in one or more of the following: Data Sciences, Business Analytics, Engineering, or Computer Sciences.
- Experience in specialty markets and knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources
- Able to manage conflicting requests from a variety of internal customers, manage peak workload periods and ad hoc requests
- Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Very high attention to detail together with an ability to understand the 'big picture'.
- Demonstrated examples of working with business partners to deliver a solution that meet project objectives (requirements generation, functional specification generation to project execution)
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary market research in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of analytics in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Some knowledge of VBA preferred
- Expert data visualization techniques
- Expert level proficiency working with Tableau and Alteryx including knowledge of advanced data storage methods
- Demonstrated application of automation to extract core data, manipulation of data sets and visualization of the data into consumable dashboards
- High proficiency working with Google Analytics and/or Marketo
Gilead's core values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Analyst--Commercial-Operations--12-month-contract-_R0022253
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency