Senior Director, Incentive Compensation
Senior Director, Incentive Compensation
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Sr. Director, Incentive Compensation
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Sales Analytics and Operations (SAO), our Sr. Director of Incentive Compensation serves as a key member of the SAO leadership team for the US Commercial organization. Leading a team of five, you would manage our strategic and tactical business operations for the Incentive Compensation (IC) department. Our IC team owns the end-to-end process for all aspects of Incentive Compensation in support of Gilead's US Commercial Field Teams.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for all aspects of incentive compensation for sixteen unique field/sales teams across eight different therapeutic areas.
- Own full end-to-end incentive compensation process including: IC plan design, goal setting, administration, reporting, communication, awards/contests, data integrity/accuracy and IC governance.
- Deliver thought leadership and subject matter expertise to stakeholders by instilling best practices in all areas of incentive compensation in alignment with company objectives, brand strategies and sales force efforts.
- Create customized IC Plan options to reflect unique/complex market dynamics. Guide stakeholders to choose the best option, by backing up recommendations with thorough analysis, simulations and clear presentation of complex material.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Sales & Marketing leadership and cross-functional partners to ensure company objectives and brand strategies are supported and achieved through incentive compensation program.
- Possess deep knowledge of IC grade data (Xponent, DDD, SP, Claims), systems and processes to liaise with Data Strategy & Governance, Sales Analytics and Sales Operations to ensure data is accurate and reliable for incentive compensation and field reporting.
- Partner closely and effectively with VPs, to ensure clear messaging and alignment on consistency and fairness of IC Program across all therapeutic areas.
- Work closely with National Analytics and Forecast team to ensure alignment between national performance and sub-national IC performance. Understand drivers, assumptions, risks and opportunities with national forecast and drive quarterly discussions with VPs to align on national forecast to be used for IC goal setting.
- Continuously monitor IC performance and perform IC health checks to identify areas of opportunity for improvements.
- Benchmark and compare Gilead with direct competitors on IC plan design, goal setting, administration, reporting, communication, awards/contests and governance.
- Support Finance efforts through timely and accurate accruals for IC expense.
- Budget owner for IC Team project spend inclusive of both short term and long term projections
- Responsible for the long-term growth and evolution of the department including:
- Organizational structure, scope of responsibilities and focus
- Ensuring the right mix of growth opportunities for personnel, coaching and development of team, and creating a culture of empowerment with accountability
- Delegates significant responsibilities to subordinate managers and holds them accountable for results
- Translates over-arching business goals into specific objectives for team members
- Performs performance reviews and career development plans discussions with direct reports and skip-level reports
- Leads by example, demonstrating Gilead core values and leadership commitments
- Ensure diversification of vendors/suppliers and ensure that vendor constraints do not impact Gilead business
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, to lead change, and to lead and mentor others.
- Must be able to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of deliverables completed through own efforts or those of subordinate employees is required.
- A firm grasp of complex modeling techniques related to various types of high-level analysis (e.g., forecasting, business analytics, sales incentive modeling, etc.) is required.
- Must be able to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple interruptions in a deadline intensive environment is required.
- Must possess solid interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical and qualitative information to executives in all functional areas through interpersonal, verbal, and written channels.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g., MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, and other analytical warehouse reporting tools) is required.
- Advanced knowledge of global Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IQVIA, SHA, DRG, etc.) is required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 14 years' experience and a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or related field or 12 years' experience (with an advanced degree)
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment is required, as is a solid understanding of principles relating to the area of specialization.
- Prior people management experience required.
- Advanced degree (M.S., M.B.A. etc.) is preferred.
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience and/or pharmaceutical consulting experience is highly desirable.
- 11+ years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, incentive compensation, or financial forecasting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Incentive-Compensation_R0022256-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency