Senior Director, Managed Markets Marketing Oncology
Senior Director, Managed Markets Marketing Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the VP, Managed Markets Oncology, the Senior Director will provide strategic leadership and oversight across the Oncology Franchise. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, executing, and evaluating strategic and tactical US market access plans and initiatives supporting optimal coverage, provider reimbursement, and market access initiatives for current and pipeline products. This role works closely with the brand team, managed markets operations and field-based US market access teams to ensure access and reimbursement for Gilead Oncology products. Additionally, this leadership role will create an environment where the team is highly motivated and engaged to work together and cross-functionally to deliver exceptional results and ensure long-term success.
- Owns the development of a product value suite of offerings, including core product value decks with meaningful clinical and economic content used by National Account Managers and Key Account Directors.
- Collaborates with US brand team and Global Value & Access colleagues to ensure organizational alignment on product strategy and value proposition content.
- In collaboration with HEOR/Medical, create the necessary evidence packages required to demonstrate the utility and value Gilead products deliver to payers
- Partner with managed markets cross-functional team members to help develop contract proposals (including financial models, GTN implications, and ROI analysis for evaluation) and effective negotiation strategies.
- Provides input into the brand planning process that bridges coverage/access goals with emerging payer needs (unmet medical need, suitable comparators, and competitive space).
- Partner collaboratively with the US and Global brand marketing to develop a Managed Markets BPOA to achieve market access and net revenue goals.
- Provides a total organization view and ensures proper organizational alignment around key factors affecting coverage, provider reimbursement, and patient access.
- Understands and articulates key stakeholder economics that are impacted by Gilead Oncology treatments.
- Identifies and conducts payer analytics to highlight potential brand performance issues and clarify opportunities to improve performance and access with Payers and key Oncology institutions
- Ensures payer and field reimbursement account teams have the tools and resources needed to address potential gap analysis between payer expectations and what Gilead Oncology products can deliver.
- Leads payer and key account marketing strategy, business planning, vendor contracts, and oversees the Oncology budget.
- Deliver clear recommendations relating to payer strategies, pricing, contracting, reimbursement, evidence generation, data collection, and value propositions
- Builds and leads a high-performing team that demonstrates strong competencies and delivers results.
- Demonstrates broad cross-functional leadership. Shares best practices across managed markets and brand marketing teams to ensure organizational learnings are applied to help drive appropriate reimbursement and coverage for the Oncology product portfolio.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy, and other business partners.
High School Degree and Sixteen Years\' Experience
Associates Degree and Fourteen Years\' Experience
Bachelor\'s Degree and Twelve Years\' Experience
Masters\' Degree and Ten Years\' Experience
Ph.D. and Eight Years\' Experience
- A Bachelor\'s Degree and a minimum of 14 years experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or related industry experience or 12 years experience (with a Graduate Degree)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in managed markets, payer strategy & marketing, pricing, contracting, reimbursement, or related fields is required
- Previous oncology experience and understanding of Part B buy & bill reimbursement
- Strong leadership skills and experience with demonstrated ability to hire and develop top talent
- Ability to solve problems that include many decision-makers and carry several options for solutions and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of legal and regulatory issues impacting pharmaceutical product marketing and the dynamics driving the US health care environment.
- Able to integrate business knowledge, financial knowledge, and analyses of available information to make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of program/project management processes and tools.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills, ability to lead, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among cross-functional stakeholders
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Managed-Markets-Marketing---Oncology_R0022078-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency