Senior Director, Biomarkers & Clinical Pharmacology Project Management
Senior Director, Biomarkers & Clinical Pharmacology Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
* Plays a lead role in contributing to short- and long-range PPM strategies, plans and infrastructure development.
* Leads a teams of project managers partnering with Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology.
* Can act as the project manager for assigned projects of high complexity and typically high-profile.
* Typically assigned a portfolio of projects that involves direct line management of other project managers.
The Senior Director, Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology Project Management (BCP) is responsible for leading a team of project managers to support multiple Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology (BST & CPST) sub-teams as part of the program team to directly enable clinical development studies (pre-IND through to NDA). Independently oversees and/or manages a portfolio of projects of considerable complexity. BCP will support Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology across the breadth of Gilead's R&D portfolio (HIV/emerging viruses, Inflammation, and Oncology) and diagnostic development, as appropriate. The Senior Director is a key member of Gilead's Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology ecosystem and together with other leaders is responsible for leveraging cross-functional departments to strategize, align operations, processes and talent to maximize the opportunity for enabling deliverables. The Senior Director also is expected to coach other leaders and staff in resolving problems and acts as a trusted advisor to executives.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
* Ensures programs have comprehensive and engaged BCP support to enable biomarker and clinical pharmacology deliverables.
* Co-chairs timely, efficient and action oriented sub-team meetings and is responsible for coordinating complex team operations and communications.
* Leads or facilitates cross-functional working groups that enable deliverables to resolve operational issues or improve processes/workflows.
* Leads and directs highly complex portfolio and program communications and ensures that all stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
* Organizes Project Management support for various functional areas on the project; attends sub-team meetings; organizes ad hoc working groups as required.
* Ensures programs have an informed and robust strategy that is aligned with the overarching goals.
* Operationalizes the Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology strategies into plans for execution of deliverables that is aligned with the clinical development plan and integrates timing, scope and resources.
* Identifies and ensures that cross-project synergies are realized for maximizing return on investment.
* Advises executives on the necessary structure and resources to achieve functional and/or therapeutic area strategic milestones and objectives. Impact is likely to affect a broader portfolio of Development-wide objectives.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities
* Demonstrate leadership by advising and coaching leaders on ensuring their team members uphold and demonstrate our Leadership Commitments and Values as well as Project Managers at various career levels.
* Manage and provide career development for a team of Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology Project Managers.
* Provides leadership to teams and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; proposes and implements plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions.
* Change management and continuous improvement strategies employed at this level significantly influence multiple projects and/or our largest-scale and highest-profile projects.
* Works in partnership with Sponsor/Lead to develop, gain approval and execute on strategy.
* Leads preparation of high-quality documents for review by internal committees and external stakeholders.
* Ensures integration of project timing, scope and resources.
* Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
Education and Experience
14+ Years with BA/BS
12+ Years with MA/MS/MBA
12+ Years with PhD, PharmD, DVM or MD
* Multiple years' experience leading or co-leading high-complexity cross-functional initiatives in life sciences, including short- and long-range strategic planning, governance and oversight.
* Typically has multiple years line management (direct reports) experience.
* Extensive experience interacting with and presenting to executives and managing large-scale budgets and other resources.
* Proven track record of achieving or exceeding large-scale, complex short- and long-range strategies in life sciences. and managing large-scale budgets and other resources.
* Demonstrated excellence leading large and complex teams in life sciences.
* Demonstrated expert-level of knowledge of the biopharma industry.
* Lead cross-functional project management activities within the pharmaceutical industry, building, managing and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional plans. Project management experience within Development function is required.
* Experience must include leadership in cross-functional project management activities across the broad spectrum of drug development.
* PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification or equivalent a plus.
* Line management supervisory experience required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Biomarkers---Clinical-Pharmacology-Project-Management_R0020675-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency