Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager position within Global Medical Affairs Oncology. This individual will focus on supporting ongoing launch efforts outside of the US. This is Oncology portfolio level role where the primary focus will be the ongoing launch and engagement activities of Sacituzumab Govitecan initially and later other pipeline assets. This is currently an individual contributor role reporting to the VP of Global Medical Affairs, Oncology. There will be close collaboration with the Sacituzumab Govitecan team in the US and UK offices as well.
This role is based on Dublin, Ireland.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Key stakeholder engagement planning and execution
- Launch execution and support with cross collaboration between clinical research and global commercial product strategy as well as regional and local leads
- As a content manager and product expert, serve as a key contributor and knowledge expert for Oncology Global Medical Affairs and solid tumor oncology
- Independently manage projects related to analysis of novel, emerging data and determine relevant information to incorporate into medical content
- Participate in Medical Affairs global activities including management of publication and conference data, and medical sub team meetings
- Manage the creation, review and updating of assigned Medical Affairs slide deck and other medical training documents, ensuring documents are aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action (POA) and needs of the field-based Medical Scientists and other end users within the affiliates and regions
- Creation and/or of medical materials tailored for both healthcare professionals
- Analyze complex trial data and provide interpretation to outside departments in various venues
- Attend medical conferences to assess/gather relevant information and support activities related to conference deck development and training
- Provide training within the therapeutic area on relevant topics for Medical Affairs and Commercial personnel
- Support Oncology Global Medical Affairs Advisory Programs
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- MD, PharmD, or PhD
- Relevant years industry experience required
- Prior academic and/or clinical experience in oncology required
- Relevant experience in oncology with an emphasis on solid tumors.
- Experience in provision of medical information, slide development, medical writing and promotional review committee
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required, with experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- Committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Ability to utilize moderately complex scientific resources across a variety of different settings
- Ability to work collaboratively and experience working on cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel up to 30% and demonstrates cultural intelligence to work in an international setting
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Senior-Manager--Medical-Affairs_R0020526-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency