Research Scientist I, Process Development
Research Scientist I, Process Development
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Research Scientist, Process Development - Edmonton, Alberta
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, currently has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to join our Process Development group in the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) organization. With your commitment and drive, you will be part of a cross-functional drug development team whose goal is to develop curative medicines helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. With state-of-the-art research facilities and a team of experienced scientists who are passionate about developing drugs, the Process Development group at Gilead empowers every chemist to take part in the act of innovation. You will see the tangible results of your contributions in this dynamic workplace, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our science focused pursuit of excellence and teamwork has resulted in break-through development of many lifechanging novel marketed products that are benefiting millions of people. With a robust pipeline of drug candidates at every developmental stage at Gilead, you will have ample opportunities to make meaningful contribution to our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success. Challenge yourself and make a difference in the world - Make your mark here at Gilead.
- Responsible for developing chemical processes for the manufacturing of drug substances
- Demonstrates technical knowledge, scientific creativity, and collaboration skills in the development and execution of research for the preparation of novel chemical substances
- Plans, executes and analyzes laboratory experimentation to advance the knowledge of production and quality attributes of drug substances
- Provides regular updates (written and verbal) to supervision and proposes future research directions
- In collaboration with senior scientists, develops project strategy for manufacturing of drug substances to support clinical studies and commercialization
- Responsible for the day to day management of project team members and research assignments, including designing and interpreting of experimentation
- Prepares and reviews technical documents including research reports, process development reports, and documentation for the manufacturing of chemical substances e.g. Master Batch Records (MBRs)
- Collaborates across functional areas including analytical chemistry, quality assurance, and manufacturing to accomplish project goals. Acts as a subject matter expert for cross-functional teams and research personnel
- Provides technical support for manufacturing processes performed under cGMP in laboratory manufacturing and large-scale manufacturing operations
- Ensures that all experimentation is carried out in accordance with appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs), maintaining quality, safety, and environmental standards
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry (or related discipline), or MSc degree with 9+ years of relevant experience, or BSc degree with 11+ years of experience
- Experience in planning and executing multi-step synthesis of organic molecules
- Familiarity with purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, LCMS and NMR
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal collaboration skills
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently to determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
To apply, please submit your application through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Research-Scientist-I--Process-Development_R0022042-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency