United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Gilead Sciences is seeking a Flight Coordinator to join a close-knit team based out of the San Jose Airport. This key role reports to Gilead's Senior Manager, Scheduling & Dispatch.
- Schedules and coordinates the efficient use of Gilead corporate aircraft, according to request from Gilead;
- Ensures the highest possible safety levels, customer flight requirements and travel arrangements are accomplished cost effectively;
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Arranges trip logistics, selects airports and fuel stops (in collaboration with the pilots as needed), catering, ground transportation, fuel, handling services, crew accommodations, crew catering (if FA not on board) and crew transportation, U.S. customs, International paperwork, prepares the final flight itinerary, documents special instructions in PFM, prepares trip packages;
- Follows all flights in progress to their conclusion, performs daily flight following via industry tracking applications, identifies / alerts the respective staff to trip plan changes (delays, mechanicals, logistical problems, etc.), identifies and implements solutions to eliminate or minimize customer impact;
- Works in conjunction with other Flight Coordinators to provide 24/7 on-call coverage for all flights on Gilead aircraft and sharing off-hours assignments as the flight coordination contact / communications person for Dispatch needs;
- Provides on-site logistical support for large Flight Department meetings;
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Senior Manager, Scheduling & Dispatch.
- One to three years general aviation experience, including one year of scheduling / flight coordination experience;
- Holds an FAA Dispatchers License (preferred);
- Has demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Has demonstrated knowledge of computerized scheduling applications, such as PFM (preferred);
- Can maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy;
- Has proven oral communication skills.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Flight-Coordinator_R0022088
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency