VP, HR Business Partner, Corporate Functions
VP, HR Business Partner, Corporate Functions
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
About the Role
Gilead Sciences is seeking a Vice President, HR Business Partner, Corporate Functions, as a strategic partner to the Executive Vice President/CFO, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, and Executive Vice President Corporate Affairs and General Counsel. The Vice President HR business partner will consult on global organizational assessment and design, talent management, succession planning, performance management, and coaching. This person will serve on the Global HR Leadership Team, reporting directly to Jyoti Mehra, CHRO. He/she will lead a team of HR Business Partners working with Corporate Functions clients. The strategic focus of this role is to align the people strategies Corporate Functions organizations with the growth objectives of the business preparing for 2022 and beyond. Partnering closely with the HR Centers of Excellence, this position will provide solutions oriented support to the EVPs and their teams around acquiring, developing, retaining, and engaging talent in a time of high growth and transformation. The VP, HR Business Partner, Corporate Functions will help drive performance of a workforce with a mix of long tenured and newer employees. Leading with a global and inclusive mindset
will be a critical focus of this position. This is an opportunity to make an impact while being part of a historically significant company that is making a difference to the lives of millions of people around the world.
- Managing a range of human resources capabilities, this role will provide proactive HR leadership and consultation to business groups supporting leaders and employees of the organization
- Leads a team HRBPs in the United States.
- Serves as the HR for HR leader, partnering closely with the CHRO and HR leader colleagues on support for the HR organization.
- Fills the role of strategic advisor in meeting facilitations. Partners with senior leadership to provide the strategic leadership in organizational change and other new initiatives.
- Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as merger, acquisitions, workforce buildouts, and reorganizations
- Influences leaders to make changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the organization
- Responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction
- Serves as integrated part of the business, working with and advising the managers of respective client groups to align with and assist in accomplishing broader business objectives
- Provides senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies and practices
- Partners with the HR COEs to deliver targeted programs and services to the business in the areas of organizational development, performance management, compensation, employee relations, training and staffing
- Manages and resolves employee issues via partnership with the Employee Relations function, through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate
- employment laws and Gilead policies
- In partnership with Talent Development & Inclusion function, drives inclusion and diversity strategies, and identifies employee development needs and develops solutions to build capabilities within the Corporation Functions organizations.
- Develops and conducts presentations to leaders and managers on a variety of HR subjects
- Participates in global HR initiatives that may require taking the lead on HR initiatives globally and/or within the client organization.
Experience & Expertise:
- Leadership: 15 years of HR leadership experience in various people functions across business units; experience as HRBP leader, and across talent management/acquisition, rewards, employee relations, organizational design, inclusion & diversity, and culture is beneficial
- Industry Experience: Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred
- Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to create best practice solutions. Utilizing these performance driven approaches in liaising with technical teams and product driven leaders.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of the strategic, operational and financial components of broader business management, having led teams (in/out of HR function) for at least 5 years and serving as an advisor/partner at the highest level within an organization
- Global mindset: The ideal candidate will bring global experience, having led teams across regions
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing, and consulting skills
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maturity of temperament and emotional intelligence; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority
- Passionate about people and culture, with an emphasis on inclusion and diversity
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager and team player
- Demonstrate credibility, integrity, and trust
- Collaborative and with the ability to create opportunities that facilitate buy-in and teamwork
- Lead innovation and constantly drive for results; a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/VP--HR-Business-Partner--Corporate-Functions_R0022086-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency